Hi everyone, UK person here!

Hi Ellen. Great to hear about you English roots! I once tried watercolours and found then hard. Not as messy as oils, though!

Hi Grizabella, I have to agree with you that watercolours are hard to master, I work mainly with acrylic but have the odd dabble with watercolours, I find them fun but frustrating ha. Anyway I look forward to seeing your work :)

I agree they're frustrating. The very first medium I tried was acrylic in the late 70's. From there I went to oils and got pretty good with those. Watercolors are my latest medium and I do get very frustrated with those. That's especially true now that I'm coming back to them from a year or so of not doing anything with them. Family members have given me all kinds of painting mediums and felt pens and all manner or things like that, but I just can't seem to stop being focused on watercolors. I just can't admit defeat maybe. lol I'll post examples as soon as I get some done, but I'll never be an amazing watercolorist. I'm sure of that. lol :)

Hi Ellen. Great to hear about you English roots! I once tried watercolours and found then hard. Not as messy as oils, though!

They're messy for me but the clean-up is easier. I'm the same kind of artist as I am as a cook----you can always tell what I'm cooking because it's all over my shirt and the seat of my pants when I'm done. I'm a very sloppy cook but the end result is always good. lol I can't say the same for my paintings, but I do try hard.

Back