Hello!

Rikard

Hi all,
I'm originally from Sweden, but currently living in Switzerland. Two countries often mixed up with each other.
My parents were both painters so I grew up around oil tubes and canvases. But started my foray into the arts fairly late, about 4 years ago when I took an online figure drawing course. The human figure and face are what interest me the most. I mostly do quick drawings or paintings on the naive/expressive side. I don't have the temperament for more realistic stuff it seems. I work primarily in pen and ink, sanguine or watercolour.
I like many different styles and artists; Picasso's later works, Marlene Dumas, Cecily Brown, Hockney, Rubens, Botticelli to name the first ones that pops into my head.

Looking forward to meet you all

Hi, Rikard and welcome. Nice to hear from someone in Switzerland. Can’t wait to see your work.

Hi Rikard, welcome aboard. Nice to meet you. I am really looking forward to seeing you work once you share it. Some of your influences are great artists! :)

Do not compare your work to others, as we are all here to learn. Nothing to be shy about. So many people here can help.

Welcome, Rikard! I missed your thread until now. :) As you can see, we're glad you're here! I've been enjoying your work very much, and look forward to seeing more of it.

Keep posting, and have fun!

Back