Hello everyone. I attended a day or oil paintings for beginners.

Schuee

Hello. I have only used oils once before, on a day course with the same teacher as we had yesterday. We attempted to copy a Monet and, as I had time, I did my take on an Edward Seago. We had fun, and that was the point, along with learning the techniques of a new medium. The class took place in a village hall with views of the hills and fields around. I hope it‘s all right to post pictures here.

My version of the Seago looks like nicely coloured cakes!!

5961F6CF-51EF-4282-B2C1-BCC4CB346FEE.jpeg

677316AF-5FE3-4AC2-92DB-01997A377DF8.jpeg

I think you did great! Fun was the point and you had it.

I love your bright colors in the second one, and especially that sky.

It does look like you had fun! I love all those blues. The second one has interesting shapes and textures and I like the touches of red. I need to try a course similar to this; I tried an oil painting when I was at school and I hated it! So probably time I had another go. :)

I think you did great! Fun was the point and you had it.

I love your bright colors in the second one, and especially that sky.
Thank you very much, Terry. The original is much more mute in colours and mine just happened!

It does look like you had fun! I love all those blues. The second one has interesting shapes and textures and I like the touches of red. I need to try a course similar to this; I tried an oil painting when I was at school and I hated it! So probably time I had another go. :)
Thank you very much, Kay. Yes, do! I didn’t know how I would get on. It all seemed so technical and difficult before I actually tried. Working amount other beginners was fun and what each of us painted was so interesting. We held a little exhibition at the finish and commented on others work. 9 unique versions of the same painting!

Back