Happy Mother’s Day!

Mississippi Hippie

4 paintings I did with white paint on top… happy Mother’s Day to the moms out there! You have the hardest job in the world! We appreciate you!
These are acrylic paintings n I would love ur feedback.. I know white details on top may not be everyone’s favorite.. I am not going to do more with the detailing tho I think one or two look good with it.. thanks for viewing … sending u all HUGE hearts!!! Love you all ❤️ ♥️ 💜.
What one is the best/worst of the 4 in ur opinion?
How can I improve?
Do you like/dislike the style?
Let me know…
07B38BFD-CAF8-4CAF-ABCA-D7866D40E188.jpeg

I like three of them, the lower left not so much. The white creates a lot of motion against the background structures. Good colors and design. (y)

I like three of them, the lower left not so much. The white creates a lot of motion against the background structures. Good colors and design. (y)
Yes my head was telling me the lower left was good?? I was confused… I’m glad you agree that it is the weakest of the 4.

1 and 3 ... all are not my cup of tea but as art goes, 1 and 2 have appeal.
Yes. This isn’t my typical style… wanted to get out of my comfort zone a lil.. learned a lil.. but I think 1 is kinda successful. 3 is pretty bad. My mind confuses me sometimes… it was really telling me it was best but I’m like I have eyes and know it isn’t… stupid brain.

It's all about learning. A journey, without end.

It is awful hard to lie to the self .. he knows you best .. feelings when in tune are the best receptors.

Thanks for mentioning all the hardworking moms out there, AJ. I like what you've done with the white paint on top of your work. It seems to tie the underlying shapes together. Maybe that's why the one on the lower left is not as appealing to me; the white paint doesn't seem to have a purpose. I'm finding that when I do abstracts that there's even more importance to the way the shapes interact - maybe because they aren't recognizable things so there has to be some reason for them to exist, some kind of purpose that we can relate to even if we aren't aware of it. I never knew that painting abstractly would require so much thinking!

Thanks for mentioning all the hardworking moms out there, AJ. I like what you've done with the white paint on top of your work. It seems to tie the underlying shapes together. Maybe that's why the one on the lower left is not as appealing to me; the white paint doesn't seem to have a purpose. I'm finding that when I do abstracts that there's even more importance to the way the shapes interact - maybe because they aren't recognizable things so there has to be some reason for them to exist, some kind of purpose that we can relate to even if we aren't aware of it. I never knew that painting abstractly would require so much thinking!
These were done for 2-3 days of painting.. i for some reason or other.. could not get the paint to form the correct lines on top of the lower left painting, this is the last one I completed. The whole painting was kinda an after thought I just thought “4 would be a better series than 3” now I think less is more.. it really detracts from the series and brings the rest down.. the things you wrote about shapes interacting is very cool.. I’m going to have to work on making shapes interact with purpose if I am ever going to advance.. tyvm Donna for the helpful comment!!

Back