Happy 4th of July!

Thank you! We ended up having a great festive 4th - not bad for a couple of homebodies. :LOL: Around lunchtime, we went to a taco festival - fabulous food trucks, lots of music, and we wisely avoided the tequila shots since it was a heat index of 100 dgreesF.

Fireworks were only a block away by the city, so we enjoyed them on the deck, sipping wine, while the cats stayed inside and found their favorite hidey holes. It cooled off a lot, later on. Cars were parked up and down our street, and the whole thing felt like a block party. I liked it!

I'm not big on the 4th of July for the simple reason that people in the neighborhood are continually shooting off fireworks for days... and they absolutely terrorize many animals... including my pups. They were both shaking for days. We had to cover the windows, turn up the music... and give them some sedatives a couple of times. It was even worse this year; we were out of time visiting the older daughter in New Jersey and my brother had to stay with the pups... and I had to give him their sedatives.

Sorry to hear about the pups fear of fireworks.
It might not be worth it for only a week a year but if they're also scared during thunder you could try looking up ways to get dogs over being gun shy.

Back