Scavenger Hunt from Life #120: June 28 - July 6

Joan, lovely rose trellises and flowers at the Planting Fields Arboretum.

Ai, amazing work on the Royal Barge. Bigger than a car for sure!

Joan, impressive continuous line in ink. I'm not ready to try something like that but I admire you for doing so. Love the planter from the plant nursery. The Baklava looks yummy. I like your multicolor and "handle."

Ai, I see you are a fan of a waterbrush too. Aren't they fun!

Ai, nice choice of you multicolor toy.

Joan, love your sand painting. Nice quick sketch of Sitka.

Jo, nice tree painting. I would not have guessed it was digital if you didn't tell us.

I made a new little sketchbook from some instructions on YouTube and felt it would be perfect for the Scavenger Hunt. It's small enough (3" x 4 1/2") that I can just leave it in my purse and pull it out when I want to do a quick sketch. I used a 9"x12" sheet from my XL Mixed Media sketchbook.

open sketchbook.jpg

And here's the sketches...

20240703S Scavenger Hunt 6-28,1-2.png

20240703S SH 6-28, 3-5.png

Jo, thanks. I was hoping Sitka would turn around so I could do another sketch of her since I so rarely have pets around me. Love that view so you have my permission to sketch it any time. lol

thanks for the list. wonderful art and photos. In the last few weeks I have drawn less and have not connected much on the forum. so I'll make a general comment but the drawings of previous hunts and those in the other forum posts are also very beautifulI made a couple of small drawings, most of them are from 8 days ago, from the previous hunt but I'll add them all here I think, then I'll prepare the photos and insert them.furthermore, now that I have fixed the computer, it takes me longer to add photos because on the one hand I would like to use these programs to try to protect against artificial intelligence (for me it would be honest and correct if they only used stuff for which there is authorization, instead they rake everything or use implicit consent, META, social media, )https://glaze.cs.uchicago.edu/what-is-glaze.htmlbut my computer takes a long time, it's no longer very efficient,I also have the doubt that perhaps my drawings are the only ones they should steal from to train the AI, they would get worse.

these are the drawings, I didn't use the programs, I wanted to use those above all for the drawings that I would put on Instagram or from photos.

1 water

2024-06-24 13-21 1_pagina_1.jpg
2024-06-24 13-21 1_pagina_2.jpg
2024-06-24 13-21 1_pagina_3.jpg
2024-06-24 13-21 1_pagina_4.jpg
2024-06-24 13-21 1_pagina_5.jpg

these are the drawings, I didn't use the programs, I wanted to use those above all for the drawings that I would put on Instagram or from photos.
1 toilet,
in the last two weeks, I went 2 times, 2 mornings to the beach, once I tried to draw these.
all except the last photo, that is a statue that I saw that time I took the bus, in that city there are some very beautiful statues for a small open-air museum, this is the most famous statue which is by De Chirico , an artist I really like, up close, from life, I haven't seen many paintings or statues up close in my life, most of them I saw when I passed there, the statue is Andromaca's kiss.

Joe, it is nice to see your sketches again. I like the lines in the statue especially. I think AI is making a lot of people nervous.

Hi friends- I think about you all and art everyday but it’s pretty crazy all the stuff i don’t get too……but that’s okay…

Fletch- I know exactly what you are talking about and will be praying for you, thanks for dropping in. There must be a great good god and You must be a great guy to have committed to another wife . Blessings and peace be with you these tough though precious days.

Joe, thanks.

Robin, good to see you even if you aren't posting sketches. Hope you find some sketch time soon.

Happy 4th of July to those in the USA. I'm sitting here typing while someone in the neighborhood is still shooting off fireworks at 10:33. I'm too lazy to go out and watch. I saw some fireworks in the sky as we were driving home from a day visiting good friends.

10 - something I collect - direct watercolors

IMG_5597.jpeg

My directwatercolor, done today at a cafe by a canal of west green orchard zone of Bangkok. I was there with 2 more sketcher lady friends

#4 translucent, a giant round ice ball in a tall glass of coconut cold brew ...

#5 delicious, a choco fudge cake

#6 Thai canal landscape from "8-De-Klong" cafe that my friends and I went out to sketch.

1000002198.jpg

1000002192.jpg

1000002194.jpg

The kind gentleman of the nearby table bought some snacks from boat merchants and gave to many
tables, including our table. So I feel he helped make my painting day more beautiful. See the boat snack below:

1000002188.jpg

1000002180.jpg

Last edited:
Ai, I love the view with the table and the snacks from the boat merchant. How nice of the gentleman to give snacks to the tables of people. That drink looks really interesting. I'll bet it was refreshing.

Another sketch done in directwatercolor at the same cafe.

#7 person, my art buddy...I did not do her justice but we all have fun.
#8 water, the canal behind her
#9 sub. a car with the Thai long tail boat
#10 container of the hanging plant

1000002216.jpg

1000002218.jpg

Last edited:
Joe, nice sketches. I especially like the bottle and the hat. I don't like the potential for AI either.

Joan, love your shells.

Ai, lovely sketches of the food and canal and the painting of another artist.

I did a couple more of items on the shelves in our dining room (aka art studio).

20240705_141858.jpg

Ai, nice to capture your art friend as well as the canal view with the long-tailed boat. I would like to be sitting there too.

Anne, thanks. It is good to see some of your sketches here. I like the profile view of the calculator...different. Nice solid look to your teapot with the strong handle!

Reactions: ams
Anne, how nice to make your own sketchbook ... and with beautiful results. Fun finds. Love the stool, so hard to get the perspective on the legs. Applause. Love your mug of tools. Anne, clever view of the calculator! Love the pot.

joe1lt, so happy you joined in. I always like seeing your take on items. Nice finds and lines. Yay! I'm trying to ignore AI, doubt that will work. Ha.

Robin, great to see you. I know you drop in when you can. Think of you often with big hugs.

Joan, your collection of shells is lovely. I'm smiling.

Ai, wow such fun finds. When I first saw the glass I thought it was wine, so wine and chocolate are my favorite! The drink sounds good. Ahhh, folks are nice to share their food items. I'm sure I would have overeaten from your selections in the photos. Excellent of your art buddy.

I finally got another done on my stool. Put the fruit on my iPad. Sketched with pencil, added watercolor and ink from the Ohuhu pens. Semi satisfied. I like the apple. Ha.
Number 2, fruit with challenge of still life

csshfl120fruit.jpg

Thanks for the Hunt, Joan. Should have done more. Sigh..... See all y'all on the next Hunt.

Fletch, thinking of you and Sharon!!

Jo, thanks for your comment. With all my beach trips I should have an even bigger collection. Nice sketch of the fruit. I haven't been keeping apples around. They don't last lately...look good on the outside but not on the inside.

Dreary day here...humid and on the warm side. Did errands this morning and plan to go in the pool soon. I take my noodle and do a good hour or more of kicking for exercise, so even if it isn't nice I try to get in the pool. Did stop and sketch with Procreate on my iPad before I came home.

12 - vehicle larger than a car - Procreate (RV in someone's driveway_
IMG_0145.jpeg

13 - car - Procreate
IMG_0146.jpeg

Thanks Joan and Jo for your comments.

Jo, yummy looking fruit. Love the shine on the apple.

Joan, I like your RV. My family used to camp with an RV when I was growing up so it brought back some nice memories.

The little car was cute.

Anne, thanks. I've never traveled in an RV, but my sister has one and I was up visiting for a crowded family weekend and the RV was my bedroom. lol

Popped in to get the new list.. if Ned does not post by tomorrow I have a list ready for 122 and will post it early.

Thank you all for creating and sharing beautiful views of your world.
Fletch

Fletch, thanks for having a list ready if Ned doesn't post today. I was going to try to get something together, but if you have a list ready...go for it! Hope all is going a little better for you and Sharon.

Back