hand holding paintbrush.

16ga

I finally tried out the new set of pencils I got awhile back.
5.5"x8.5" graphite in sketchbook.
066.jpg

As always thoughts, opinions, advice and criticism are always welcome. Still trying to learn.

Great job. And using a transparent brush handle made it even more difficult. Well done.

This is fabulous! Hands are notoriously difficult to draw. But what really is impressive, as noted, is the clear handled brush. Flawless values and textures.

I agree using a clear brush handle was good choice. The top to fingers need to be slightly wider to match the third or the third a little less wide. The pinky needs to be less wide, it's base is almost as wide as the thumb. Hands are very difficult. The details of your fingers are very good.

Good work. Hands are very difficult. Really like that you used a brush with a transparent handle.

Thanks everyone. The transparent paintbrush was the easy part.

I agree using a clear brush handle was good choice. The top to fingers need to be slightly wider to match the third or the third a little less wide. The pinky needs to be less wide, it's base is almost as wide as the thumb. Hands are very difficult. The details of your fingers are very good.
Thank you.
I think its the ring finger that's off but I'm not positive. The middle finger was bent some with the ring finger being mostly straight. But with the thumb covering most of the gap between them I had a lot of trouble trying to convey that.
Also now that you say it I see that the pinky gets wider at the base and shouldn't.

Wow, excellent. Hands are difficult (and fun you always have the models.) The paintbrush is great . Love it!

Back