Growth plan for Creative Spark [discussion]

Yes, we like to keep it small, which is why we don't do much community reach. We like a more word of mouth approach and an organic growth, personally. We are also just a couple of people here, and run on donations. We all do this in our "spare time." :ROFLMAO:
I think that is a very good approach.
The small scale means for me the atmosphere is akin to a neighbourhood pub. When you walk in you know a lot of faces. When forums get too big it's more like a city mall on a busy saturday, you go there when you need something, but not for fun...;)

I think that is a very good approach.
The small scale means for me the atmosphere is akin to a neighbourhood pub. When you walk in you know a lot of faces. When forums get too big it's more like a city mall on a busy saturday, you go there when you need something, but not for fun...;)
Very well put!

Ayin and Hannah, the work you do is greatly appreciated by many.

When a forum is getting started, the early joiners are mostly active and engaged (see: Creative Spark ;)). But as a forum grows, that changes. You get more people who join and don't participate. They either join to read and get their value that way, or they join intending to participate but never get around to it.

Did you know there are more than 600 users registered here? You can see that all of our 600 members don't participate regularly. The relatively low percentage of participation will hold true even as more people join. So I would guess that there's plenty of room for growth without becoming impersonal. :)

Hannah, I have noted much the same on other forums/sites. A small percentage of members do the lion's share of the posting. Perhaps they just feel that particular site is their "comfort zone", surrounded by the familiar. For many, it seems as if it is the focus of their day. The size and personalization of the forums here suits me well. My interests are very broad, and art is just one of many.
When a forum is getting started, the early joiners are mostly active and engaged (see: Creative Spark ;)). But as a forum grows, that changes. You get more people who join and don't participate. They either join to read and get their value that way, or they join intending to participate but never get around to it.

Did you know there are more than 600 users registered here? You can see that all of our 600 members don't participate regularly. :)
So many of us have intentions and nebulous goals that do not match our productivity. Sign me up for a lifetime membership to the "Joiner's Club"! ;)

What Joy said. This site is one of several comfort zones I check in on everyday and contribute when I have something. My wife and I are both retired, we live in a remote rural area, and outside of grocery shopping we're practically hermits. I used to drive and hunt with my camera, but now not so much. The internet is my connection to the outside world. That would have sounded sad 20 years ago, but today it's becoming a reasonable choice.

Back