Goodbye to Arizona

A

Aspenman

MVI_0063.jpg

This is a photo of me 4 years ago during a
“Goodbye AZ’ trip. I was happiest when in AZ —- We could see that my Parkinson’s would ultimately prevent any more trips —— soooooo we took a 2 month vacation to God’s country—- AZ

We lived there for 7 years-the best 7 years of my life.

If you have a favorite place and keep saying “we should go back there,” do so while you are still able.

Great photo, and you do look happy on this hike! I completely agree about getting out to our own "happy places" while we can. ❤️ Very sage advice.

Thank you for sharing this!

Your love of the southwest was apparent in all your southwest paintings - they came from your soul. Very mystical and beautiful

Great photo, and you do look happy on this hike! I completely agree about getting out to our own "happy places" while we can. ❤️ Very sage advice.

Thank you for sharing this!
Thanks 🙏 Terri

Great photo and some happy times for you. I miss the desert too and your paintings always take me home and to good memories.

There he is! I love the photo!
I've never been in the southwest much, but I was really taken with Colorado after living there for a while and I still feel like that's where I belong all these decades later. Hopefully, I'll get to visit Arizona and Utah pretty soon, at least that's what I've been promised :)

There he is! I love the photo!
I've never been in the southwest much, but I was really taken with Colorado after living there for a while and I still feel like that's where I belong all these decades later. Hopefully, I'll get to visit Arizona and Utah pretty soon, at least that's what I've been promised :)

Utah has some beautiful Rock & canyon areas this would be a nice trip —- better yet a week in AZ and a week in Utah

You look so happy! I agree that AZ is one of the most beautiful places there are. I have been there many, many times, to almost all of their climates, as they have many--sorta like California where I feel has every climate one could ever want. I have traveled all over this country/continent to almost every state now (on the road), and I'd say the most beautiful places I've been beside California are AZ, Utah, Oregon, Upstate NY, Vermont, and a couple of places in Canada. However, I have yet to visit BC and NM--two places still on my bucket list. And maybe Montana too. Yes, Colorado is pretty spectacular as well. Been there a bunch of times as well. My favorite city there was Boulder.

You look so happy! I agree that AZ is one of the most beautiful places there are. I have been there many, many times, to almost all of their climates, as they have many--sorta like California where I feel has every climate one could ever want. I have traveled all over this country/continent to almost every state now (on the road), and I'd say the most beautiful places I've been beside California are AZ, Utah, Oregon, Upstate NY, Vermont, and a couple of places in Canada. However, I have yet to visit BC and NM--two places still on my bucket list. And maybe Montana too. Yes, Colorado is pretty spectacular as well. Been there a bunch of times as well. My favorite city there was Boulder.

AZ to me has everything to offer — the desert 🌵 is my thang!!

I love the photo of you too and it's so good that you were able to spend a little more time in a place that obviously makes you so happy. Lucky for you the photos you took and the memories you made can be relived when you paint - and lucky for us that we get to enjoy them too!

I love the photo of you too and it's so good that you were able to spend a little more time in a place that obviously makes you so happy. Lucky for you the photos you took and the memories you made can be relived when you paint - and lucky for us that we get to enjoy them too!

Thanks Donna much appreciation

Utah has some beautiful Rock & canyon areas this would be a nice trip —- better yet a week in AZ and a week in Utah
Yes, I've been to Arches National Park and spent 2 or 3 days in Moab; I loved it! My betrothed promised me the GC and back to Moab soon (I can't legally drive). It would be an understatement to say that I'm excited about the trip :)

Yes, I've been to Arches National Park and spent 2 or 3 days in Moab; I loved it! My betrothed promised me the GC and back to Moab soon (I can't legally drive). It would be an understatement to say that I'm excited about the trip :)

That’s a wonderful trip 👀

I understand how wrenching it is to feel separated from the place that gives you the most joy. Sorry for you on that.

My daughter went to U of AZ and I drove through AZ quite a few times. To be honest, the desert is not my gig, though there are some beautiful spots in the midst of it. Not a weather belt that fits my needs either. But it's somebody's favorite or it would be depopulated. I did like the geography and history in Sedona, though the town was real kitsch to my taste. Some nice spots near Tucson. Never spent any time in the Phoenix area. Drove through the north through Flagstaff and felt that area would be worth exploring.

I see gorgeous paintings of deserts of the world. Just not eager to go there to do that.

I think Tuscon is my least favorite in AZ, but I like all the rest. I still do like Tuscon, don't get me wrong. The desert is probably an acquired taste for some people. You either fall in love or you don't. I always thought I would hate it. It never sounded appealing to me until I experienced it. It was surprisingly alive yet peaceful and serene. It has its own beauty, just like northern Cali has, which I also love. I live in Joshua Tree and it's an amazing, magical place filled with beauty, art, and wackiness.

I understand how wrenching it is to feel separated from the place that gives you the most joy. Sorry for you on that.

My daughter went to U of AZ and I drove through AZ quite a few times. To be honest, the desert is not my gig, though there are some beautiful spots in the midst of it. Not a weather belt that fits my needs either. But it's somebody's favorite or it would be depopulated. I did like the geography and history in Sedona, though the town was real kitsch to my taste. Some nice spots near Tucson. Never spent any time in the Phoenix area. Drove through the north through Flagstaff and felt that area would be worth exploring.

I see gorgeous paintings of deserts of the world. Just not eager to go there to do that.

We lived in N Scottsdale for 7 years & to this day I am still trying to figure out why we moved!!!

Back