Glory Hole

snoball

Certifiable
Supporting Member
1672051003919.png

This is a photo taken by a friend. This is the Glory Hole in Newton County Arkansas. It is a round hole through the rock that has a small stream of water running through it. We've had below 0 temperatures for the past few days and this is what you see in those conditions. So unusual and pretty.

What a beautiful area! It's a thrill to see things like this, frozen in time by mother nature. ❤️ Your friend did a great job - perfect angle!

What a beautiful area! It's a thrill to see things like this, frozen in time by mother nature. ❤️ Your friend did a great job - perfect angle!
You have to go back into the cave to get this shot but most people will do it.

That's a beautiful photo. The fact that the outside landscape and the roof of the cave are equally well exposed, makes me wonder whether the photographer had to resort to HDR (High Dynamic Range) processing to get it looking so good.

As an aside: of the hundreds of glory holes I've encountered, this is the first icy one. Quite shiver-inducing! :oops:

That's a beautiful photo. The fact that the outside landscape and the roof of the cave are equally well exposed, makes me wonder whether the photographer had to resort to HDR (High Dynamic Range) processing to get it looking so good.

As an aside: of the hundreds of glory holes I've encountered, this is the first icy one. Quite shiver-inducing! :oops:
I didn't ask her about particulars but I suspect she took it with her cell phone. :giggle:

Back