Glitch Issues?

as Snoball says, no controversy, God forbid, you have made a site that is structured and functional in order to make it as easy as possible to use and therefore saccondare what users want. the machines (ok, not only the machines, also the people and maybe me in the first place) every now and then give the numbers ( jam, do not work good ) without a reason and you are promptly working to solve, what can I say, except thanks.

it is also very difficult to imagine a place, more welcoming people.

Hannah, just wanted to say a big thanks for all your behind the scenes work:love:. So many emojis now, I almost went down the rabbit hole looking at them haha

yes, thanks
yes, as laf.art. and snoball, thanks

yesterday and today I wrote on the site and the posts and images are loaded immediately without problems, thanks for this but thanks in general

Sometimes when you upload an image it comes up black/blank. Dave Woody has just started a thread with a blank image, and it has happened to me when I've tried to upload from my desktop, never from my phone, funnily.

Anyhow, Happy holidays, Hannah! Ho ho....

Sometimes when you upload an image it comes up black/blank. Dave Woody has just started a thread with a blank image, and it has happened to me when I've tried to upload from my desktop, never from my phone, funnily.

Anyhow, Happy holidays, Hannah! Ho ho....
The black image is exactly what happened to me when I uploaded the first few images of the Kitchen&BathGallery posts. Not on the last two (#4&#5). If Dave got it today, then it obviously is an ongoing problem.

We will look into this sometime today. Sorry for the inconvenience
ARTY & HANNAH
This is not meant as a complaint or crit, but as a possible helping clue FWIW in finding what the exact problem is from a software aspect.

Here is how I got the first black images as closely as I can remember:

In Kitchen&Bath Gallery post #2, Dec 12th

I dragged a jpeg image to the designated box

The faded blue image started to download, or else immediately, the black images appeared with a yellow bordered message box that said something to the effect that my image was in the wrong, or unrecognizable, format.

I aborted and started over and the black images appeared immediately, with no message.

I kept trying over and over and the image would show as faded blue while downloading but turned black as soon as the loading, or whatever that second step is called, that says it is adding or attaching the image to the post; I never got the 'wrong format' message again on any of my later tries.

Then some of my images got downloaded and posted properly, and some would only show the black, no consistency.

Sorry I can't be more clear or accurate but it is hard to remember the sequences when you have tried so many; Good luck.

I can't reproduce that error, I'm afraid. So I'll have to try some maybe-they-will-help measures.

- I don't think image size limits would cause a "format" error, but I've increased the allowable attachment size from 5 MB to 15 MB.

- Any attachment that isn't gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip will fail and you'll see the "format" error. If you need some other format added to that list it's easy to do.

- Images can also have corrupt headers (but still be visible elsewhere), and those will fail too. More often than not they're just corrupt somehow, but they're blocked because bad guys can use altered image headers to drop nasty things on your computer.

- Not sure whether it could be the culprit (because I can't reproduce the error), but I changed the image processing library to see if it makes a difference. But I seem to recall doing that before to fix some other problem, so we'll see what happens. ;)

- Finally, I turned on image proxying. It's difficult to explain what that is or why it's good, but it is. Again, pretty sure it wouldn't be the cause of any format errors, but it should improve image performance in general.

1606463761440.jpg
cottontail1.jpg
elac-sub.jpg
mezcal.jpg
yellow-dog.jpg
zitershands.jpg

I can't reproduce that error, I'm afraid. So I'll have to try some maybe-they-will-help measures.

- I don't think image size limits would cause a "format" error, but I've increased the allowable attachment size from 5 MB to 15 MB.

- Any attachment that isn't gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip will fail and you'll see the "format" error. If you need some other format added to that list it's easy to do.

- Images can also have corrupt headers (but still be visible elsewhere), and those will fail too. More often than not they're just corrupt somehow, but they're blocked because bad guys can use altered image headers to drop nasty things on your computer.

- Not sure whether it could be the culprit (because I can't reproduce the error), but I changed the image processing library to see if it makes a difference. But I seem to recall doing that before to fix some other problem, so we'll see what happens. ;)

- Finally, I turned on image proxying. It's difficult to explain what that is or why it's good, but it is. Again, pretty sure it wouldn't be the cause of any format errors, but it should improve image performance in general.

View attachment 6951View attachment 6952View attachment 6953View attachment 6955View attachment 6957View attachment 6958
Thanks Hannah -

I hope I didn't send you on a wild goose chase.

Your listing of the supported formats (extensions?) was helpful, and now that I think about it,

some of my images I was trying to post may have been changed, by me, to another format

during the cropping and adjusting phases in the mt paint program i.e. from png to jpeg or pdf.

I know nothing about what such switching around might do really, but can't help speculating that somehow something got contaminated or not done cleanly.

Anyway, thanks again for jumping on this right away.

some of my images I was trying to post may have been changed, by me, to another format
That could have been the problem.

But all the other things I did were for the better anyway, so no wild goose chase. :)

Today, I tried attaching a photo and I can’t. Not sure why, I had posted it on Instagram.

I just tried to upload a photo and got the same oops message. I tried 4 times. It won't upload by file name, by dragging and dropping nor attaching.

Hmmm. Maybe it was just a glitch in the matrix. Let's keep an eye out today and if it keeps happening I'll get Hannah on the case. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It is fine today. . . so far. I was able to start a new thread with an image, no problem.

Back