fude pen is ok forGouache Tablets 15 Colours

joe1It

if I try monthly references, I will use this one I bought at the beginning of the year.

I have this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NMBKEA?psc=1

I don't know how to use it in reality, I don't know how to paint, however he tempted me, he tempted me gauche in tablet and after I thought for a long time at the end I bought it.
for now I have used it with his marker in my attempts, a 3 or 4.
i wanted to ask, can you use Pentel Fude Pen with these or would I ruin the fude well,
it is a thin tip, I have never used it, I used another brand, very cheap, but that was a large tip, so for a fine tip I took this one but I'm a little intimidated to use it, if I used it enough that I rinse and empty it after I have used it. thank you very much, sorry stupid questions

Joe, if you mean that you want to mix some gouache paint and fill a Fude fountain pen with the liquid, I don’t think that’s a good idea. Gouache paint is not like ink, or even transparent watercolour and could block your fountain pen.

If you mean that you’d like to use a Fude brush pen with the gouache, that should be ok …. But there is already a brush included in the set you bought, which will probably hold more paint than a brush pen. I find brush pens to have fine points usually and don’t cover broad areas as well as brushes do.

As I understand it, a Pentel fudge pen contains ink (like a fountain pen), in which case, I wouldn’t recommend using it with gouache. The Penrel brush pen seems much better designed for drawing with a brush …. gouache paint is a different technique altogether, it’s for painting, like using watercolour e.g., but it is thicker and usually opaque. Give it a try … sketch out the composition first, them mix your gouache colours to ‘fill’ it out!

Hope this helps you!;)

Maureen, already gave a good advice.

What could work is a kind of pen and wash. As I got it the ink in the fountain pen is water resistant when dried.
So you could draw/paint with the pen first, let it dry and then do go with the gouache (with an other apt brush).
Otherwise as watercolors gouache is opaque, so it might also cover the ink, when used thickly.
The Fude Pen does not sound apt to paint gouache with it.

Maureen, Esther, thank you for your reply and clarification.

sorry, I did not specify well,
I meant the Pentel Aquash Water Brush Pens,
this one
Pentel Waterbrush with the Fine Brush,
to fill her with water, and use this instead of filling a glass of water (because I don't have much space and I'm close to the computer) and use her brush, however I liked the brush included in the box, I can continue with this .
I tried the cheap Water Brush Pens with a wide brush, filled with water with a watercolor pencil, or I had tried, always filled with water, to pass it over drawings with an ink pen, some tested pens, I think it worked with the lamy , lamy safari I use it with black fountain pen ink that is not resistant to water. water brush thought I can then use it full of water so as not to ruin it, ruin the brush, I also have an inexpensive set of watercolors, (about 6 euros but which allows 6 watercolor pencils and gadots) and other watercolors.

I also have an ink pentel fude, taken years ago to try out a kind of ink brush that I had hardly ever used a brush. it is difficult, however, beautiful, beautiful as you can vary the features, I liked using them especially for the profiles of the faces. they invite you to draw without worrying, to feel bad about the results, to ink with pencil, to pass ink on pencil instead I found it very difficult, but this with all the materials I tried, pens, even with computers, perhaps with fineliner, pens thin fineliners I should try to insist. I'm going ot .black ink as colors is pretty fascinating, 1 of the two means to be able to complete, clean up a drawing would be very nice.

thank you very much for all the explanations and clarifications.

I have a water brush that I think is similar to the one you have. I only put water in it. You dip the water brush into the paint and then apply it to the paper. It has a small flow of water that keeps the brush damp. Water brushes are fairly small so they don't pick up a large amount of paint at a time. I find they work best when working on small paintings. I haven't ever used it with gouache.

That kind of water brush should be fine for using with gouache, Joe, if it helps you to save some space. They usually have quite tough, nylon bristles. But, you might find it a bit more difficult then a regular brush. I find controlling the amount of water with gouache very difficult, and controlling the amount of water on a water brush pen is even more difficult! Give it a try and see how you get on with it - maybe it'll be perfect for you!

Ams, Triss, thank you very much for the answer and the indications, in these days I will try to draw something. one thing I'd like to be able to do, faces, even if caricatured, and color them a little, for the skin color, perhaps combining some of the colors.

Back