Frozen Waterfall

Schuee

Here’s my impression of a frozen waterfall in a harsh winter landscape.
ink and coloured pencils.
58CBC994-7621-4AD8-B046-56B026D3CCBE.jpeg

Thank you very much, Wayne. I’m pleased someone likes it - it’s not a style for everyone, I suspect!

It could use more but in it's essence the truth is there. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to learn the fundamentals of how and why artist achieve depth, shadow, and light, and then apply them. Best is, most of it is posted on the net so with due diligence you can find it for free. That guy you posted on Japanese art is very similar to what you are attempting but he is much more polished. If you study a few of his paintings it will benefit you tremendously. Don't be discouraged by lack of viewers. If you build it they will come. Unfortunately like Vincent found out: not in his lifetime, :) but you never can tell.

reminds me of Japanese woodcuts. I think it is beautiful. Like the soft coloration.

If you like it , that's what counts. When you find that you don't like
something you create or you feel there is something wrong with it.
That's your chance to learn....don't quit.....figure out what is wrong with it.
For me that is the hard part.... Getting past the frustration...but I think it's worth it.

Hi Penny. I really like the bold lines of this one.
On my screen it looks almost black and white though, so I'd like a tiny bit more colour, but that may just be my computer, which has no understanding of subtle colours. I've just tried to scan and print a portrait which is actually all in a very subtle Inktense colour called Bark, and it first came out a bright reddish brown. I made some adjustments but then it came out purple! I've given up. 🙁

If you like it , that's what counts. When you find that you don't like
something you create or you feel there is something wrong with it.
That's your chance to learn....don't quit.....figure out what is wrong with it.
For me that is the hard part.... Getting past the frustration...but I think it's worth it.
Thanks, Perry. Very good advice.

Hi Penny. I really like the bold lines of this one.
On my screen it looks almost black and white though, so I'd like a tiny bit more colour, but that may just be my computer, which has no understanding of subtle colours. I've just tried to scan and print a portrait which is actually all in a very subtle Inktense colour called Bark, and it first came out a bright reddish brown. I made some adjustments but then it came out purple! I've given up. 🙁
Thanks, Claudia for the advice. I wanted to keep it free of a lot of colour. I know what you mean about colour and copying! If it’s your brother’s portrait, I like that a lot. Love his curly hair!

Back