From the Lookout

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi Folks, it was a lovely day to get out after wind and rain. Cant say I did my best, but it was nice to paint even with tourists stopping to take photos. On Mt Tintes, 32x24cm mostly Senneliers. Struggled with the far hills and distant islands so just left em to maybe sort out. Trying out my new homemade easel. It was a fiddle to close up after, but cost me scraps to make so cannot complain.

IMG_1142-PA-Vruja2A.jpg

This piece is delightful. You've achieved distance to the horizon and depth from the peak to the water below. With the grays at the top and the gray mountains with no detail, you also got atmospheric perspective. IMHO of course :)! Well done.

You did a great job with that beautiful location - and it doesn’t look like the tourists distracted you at all. It’s nice to know your new easel got put to good use, Murray.

I love this, Murray! Your textures are fabulous - I love seeing the paper peeking through like this. ❤️ Beautiful work!

Lovely Murray and the work in progress photo adds to it because we can see what you were seeing. ❤️

Thanks Terri and Sno, glad you like it. I learn something new each time, then find a new way to make mistakes.

Thanks John. I guess I'm not "delicate" in how I apply colour, often I "push" the sticks onto the paper. I've noticed that the way i paint is a mix of "pointalism" and "painting over" with less and less blending. It's a fine line between OK and overworked.

Thanks Triduana, I've never thought of it until now. I think the pleinair thing forces the "slash and dash" on me.

Wonderful job with such a lovely piece. You did well on the 3D aspects and color. Thanks for showing us your homemade easel. :) ❤️

Back