Fire in the Sky

Schuee

I hope you like this sunset, painted in Pan Pastels and Carbithello pastel pencils from a photo by Sandie Bell.

7BC69A92-A383-4907-B892-3C341408877F.jpeg

Thank you very much, Artyczar. I appreciate your comment and am pleased you like it. . It turned out differently to what I expected. It always surprises me what appears on the paper!

Thank you very much, Donna. Thinking about the colours separately, I wouldn't have expected them to go together so well.

That is great Penny! ❤️ If I had done that with pastels, the whole thing would have been black! Pastels and charcoal are both too messy for me, or I am too messy for them. 😁

Thank you very much, Snoball. I am pleased you like it. I, too, find pastels messy. The Pan Pastels aren’t so dusty as the stick sort, but I still ended up with marks all over my trousers and mucky hands!, i think it’s best to wear an apron or keep some overclothes for working with them. 😁

That's simply stunning Penny. The colours and loose application are superb. I was rooting around in my cupboard the other day and found my pastels - not used them in ages but having got back into charcoal I may just break out into colourful messes now ;)

That is very kind of you to say so, Sue. Thank you very much. I’m pleased it has inspired you to take up pastels again. They are not my first choice of medium but I thought they would suit such a scene.

Back