Field Memory

This is certainly gorgeous, and I'm so impressed it came right out of your head. It has a Monet feel to it, yet has light almost like a Maxfield Parish. It's so lovely I can't get over it! I really love this! So well done. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Fine piece! I think it would help the comp to break up the foreground with something.
Perhaps a little bit of the warm redish light on the foreground wild flowerswould be enough? Commonly i see artists depict winding streams with relected sky color in the foreground.

Thanks Joe, Deborah and Perry.

Bongo, I would like to hear your thoughts on Meme-Aire if you feel like sharing them. My desire to paint from memory comes from my frustration with painting from photos. I put in way too much stuff and bury the original concept. I have learned that if I write notes or scribble a quick sketch on location I can remember the feeling of being there much more than if I just look at a photo later. I need to work on that process; there's definitely something to it. Thanks for your kind comments.

Thanks Iain, I was trying not to define everything so much so a frosty field works for me.

Thank you Claudia, the pond started out as a strip of wildflowers or grasses to pick up the sky color. Maybe it's not a pond after all. I like that it can be whatever a viewer wants it to be.

Thanks ntl, it makes my day that you see early morning and heavy dew. It also reminds me to be careful with titles so that a painting can be different things to different people.

Thanks snoball and Hosta.

Thank you Arty - I'll take any comparison to Maxfield Parish. I try to use different blues but it seems that the Parish blue keeps sneaking into my work.

Patrick, Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, the foreground could have used a little planning. I didn't even want the flowers but felt I had to have some kind of interest there. If I knew more about painting water I would have made the pond more of a feature but I don't and didn't want a big fake-looking pond.

Jo, thanks so much.

Back