Female Rufous Whistler

Bren

do I post in coloured pencil or animal or both LOL
My latest drawing continuing with my own challenge to draw as many of our local native birds as possible.
This one took forever as I had to work on that SAND colour Pastelmat which meant I had to do that dreaded background which takes 10 longer than the subject matter.... grrrr....
so details.....
Own Ref Photo
Clairfontaine Pastelmat Board ( sand colour)
drawing area is A3 with mainly Pablos & Faber- Castell Polys

Female-Rufous-Whistler-web.jpg

Bren, wow, this is a most excellent bird painting! I'm enjoying going over its superb textural effects you achieved with media used. Love it!

This is gorgeous Bren. Lovely work on the feathers. And great blending in the background :)

This is wonderful. I love the stylized way you rendered this too!

You can "cross-post" in both forums if you'd like. ;)

This is a wonderful piece! I feel you on the background too. I love colored pencil, but the slow nature of it makes me crazy, which is why I often turn to pastels and markers for backgrounds, at least for the base layer.

Beautifully done Bren. I have worked with colored pencils in the past so I can sympathize with the time it takes to do a background that large. Good job on it though. I like how you softly move from one color to another without much of a value change.

The details on the bird are very well done. I like the detail on the tree branch too.

Thanks ALL so very much, its heart warming to read so many comments and get feedback so take note I'm always open to comments on how to improve as that's what I strive for in each piece I do.
One of you mentioned pastels, well I love them and bought many soft pastels as well as lots of pan pastels thinking I'd be in seventh heaven but alas they cause me terrible sinus trouble even wearing a mask and make me quite bilious... boo-boo ....so its backgrounds in coloured pencil or nothing... I am going to try out some watercolours as an under painting though and see how that works... always up for some experimenting lol 💃💃👍👍

Back