Fairy Wren Family

Shane

Painting of a fairy wren family, well Dad and the kids really. 😅 Reminds me a lot of my two girls, one is very outspoken and the other is not. 🤣 A3 size, pen and acrylic ink.

This was kind of a study of depicting and simplifying branches as I plan to focus on painting birds this year and branches are quite necessary.

FB_IMG_1674852841035.jpg

I just love your birds and foliage Shane! This shows some wonderful bird behaviour - I love the fluffed-up feathers on the adult and the demanding chick! Please keep them coming.

So much personality in this little family. The bush makes me want to land on a branch and join them. Gorgeous!

It bears repeating that your style is phenomenal. It is amazing with all of the things being produced over the ages, you manage to find a unique niche. Bravo! The interaction between the birds is an essential part. Do you draw out the composition first?

Thanks Callian, John, BQ and Joy.

Joy - yes I definitely draw the composition in pencil first to make sure the birds in particular are in proportion, size and position of the eyes are paramount.

Back