Eucalyptus in a Meadow

Bartc

Pearson-Arastradero Preserve in Palo Alto, CA. I got this one of a "Eucalyptus in a Meadow" against a hill and mountain backdrop, with a field of flowers to boot! 9x12" pastel on Sand PastelMat. B. Charlow 2022
Arastradero pic inside.jpg

Attachments

• Arastradero pic inside.jpg
    Arastradero pic inside.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 103
Pearson-Arastradero Preserve in Palo Alto, CA. I got this one of a "Eucalyptus in a Meadow" against a hill and mountain backdrop, with a field of flowers to boot! 9x12" pastel on Sand PastelMat. B. Charlow 2022
View attachment 21479
Hi Bart, Very much like this. You managed to hold back your usual drama and still hit the beautiful tones, depth and vista. The PA area reminds me of Aussie sooo much. Lovely loose and atmospheric feeling. The suggested foreground & shadow, flowers and receding hillside and far hills are delightful.

Thanks, Murray.
You know, we imported those eucalypts from you blokes and they took over California! They're not native but they are ubiquitous. Yours are more picturesque to my eye.
Not sure what my "usual drama" would be though. ;=)

Thanks, Murray.
You know, we imported those eucalypts from you blokes and they took over California! They're not native but they are ubiquitous. Yours are more picturesque to my eye.
Not sure what my "usual drama" would be though. ;=)
Hi Bart, no offence intended, I love your full-on colours and style. But this is a departure (I think) from that style. I like both, but this rings to me :)

Didn't take any offense at all, Murray. No worries.
Oddly enough, I don't see it as a departure from my usual style, though I was seeking that departure. Not so easy to drop your habits.

Back