error messages

Bartc

I'm now consistently prevented from liking any posts. It doesn't detail why. Just a vague error message. Can you help?

Bart, sorry for the aggravation! I agree with Wayne about trying the end-user fixes, if you haven't already. You can definitely re-start your computer, also make sure that doing so clears your cache. Depending on your setup, you may have to do that manually. Also, try another browser.

Unless an issue is being widely reported, it will usually self-resolve with a few little things.

...if your are using Malwarebtyes, I would bet that could be your problem .... my protection Eastlink Advanced Secure has no problem with the site.

It's not malware bites. It's something else that seems incurable on my desktop. I'm doing this on my phone right now and hoping that it gets through. Otherwise I am lost to you and you to me forever.

Time to bite the bullet and do a clean reinstall of Windows (I assume that's your operating system), then make an image of your primary hard drive onto an external USB hard drive before reinstalling any programs. I use Acronis to do that, but I believe there are some good freeware alternatives. Then reinstall all your programs, and when everything is working normally, make another drive image before you do anything else.

If you do the above things, you can recover your working system in less than 20 minutes if things go awry at any time. It is advisable to create additional image backups of your current, well-running system from time to time, since some programs update automatically. Keep the older images, so you can always go back in time to a well behaved situation.

Last edited:
Unsure, Hermes, that I want to go through all that when every other program is funcitoning fully and normally. Just found that Malwarebytes was blocking this site saying it's a source of phishing scams. The issue may indeed be one or more of the spam/phishing blockers. If this posts and subsequent attempts work for me, then I'll know that's the real issue. But why does at least one common defencse program think this site is suspicious?

Sorry, I didn't catch that the other programs are working fine—I thought everything was misbehaving.

Not all malware or virus programs are equal but I find it weird that you are the only one who got a warning or at least the only one who made mention of it.

Its possible that you accidentally set something flagging the site as a risk. Its also possible that something else did. Either malware trying to hijack malwarebytes or somehow it just got corrupted. Since nothing else is acting up for you i'd say maybe try uninstalling Malwarebytes and then reinstalling it.

Oddly, having trouble uninstalling Malwarebytes itself. I'm writing this on AVG secure browser and not on my usual Chrome browser. So wondering WTF is going on with Malwaregytes.

Removed Malwarebytes extension from Chrome and now may be working correctly. Will try out several times, so be patient with my posts, please. I'm trying to resolve this and it appears it's not anyone else's issue.

Glad you figured it out, but I'll leave this here for the record.

Malwarebytes—or any antivirus—could be showing the site as a phishing source because Xenforo (the host) uses a caching service like Cloudflare that uses a limited number of IP addresses (I don't know that to be a fact, but I've run into that on other sites).

Also, if Malwarebytes—or any ad blocker—is active, that can interfere with the javascript on the site, which is used for the reaction functions (I think 🙃).

You can turn off adblockers for creativespark.art since we don't run ads, as you may have noticed. ;)

Back