Elation

N

Nufocus

124C755E-12A6-4D17-A927-7D9F60BEF976.jpeg

Acrylics on canvas. Around 40X32 cm

Still trying to figure this painting,since you have got my expectation high.
i think the high part isnt in connection with the lower part. maybe something incorrect with the values.

Thanks Lazarus. I’d truly appreciate it if you explained.
To be quite honest, I never paid any attention to values. I am not a realist. I can not be.

I really like this because it has a sense of surrealism to it. Floating clown person above the town. I love it. Just my thing. ♥️

Values have nothing to do with this or that. its just a prespective illusion to define depth.

reminds me of a Leprechaun.. except for the coloring of course .. nice color

It has the sense of surrealism as Arty says, and the colors are very warm and enjoyable. I see the figure as a child in an explosion of joy, but overall, I am still undecided.

Values have nothing to do with this or that. its just a prespective illusion to define depth.
Oh? Values for perspective? I thought that values have more to do with the reflection of light on objects in a painting and perspective has more to do with the vanishing point, whatever….

Oh? Values for perspective? I thought that values have more to do with the reflection of light on objects in a painting and perspective has more to do with the vanishing point, whatever….
it comes together. everything is prespective. do you have light in a rainy day?

I really like it. I agree that it has a surreal feeling to it. Love the colours - there are bright areas and dark areas. Lots of contrasting things. There is definitely a story here! :)

Here is the thing, Lazarus: I try to paint what I FEEL, not what I see. I said I TRY. Sometimes I think I’m quite successful, other times I am not.
Copying reference photos is not my thing. I’m not good at it. I do look at photos or paintings by artists I like to be inspired, but copying a reference photo or painting two apples and a pear on a table is not my thing.

Fascinating! I'm trying to figure out if she is flying, floating or falling into the scene. Great job. ❤️

Sometimes I have dreams that I am levitating and it's a great feeling.
Well done!!!

Here is the thing, Lazarus: I try to paint what I FEEL, not what I see. I said I TRY. Sometimes I think I’m quite successful, other times I am not.
Copying reference photos is not my thing. I’m not good at it. I do look at photos or paintings by artists I like to be inspired, but copying a reference photo or painting two apples and a pear on a table is not my thing.
OK

I like a painting like this because not only does it please my eye, it gives me something to think about. The title is "Elation," so I immediately wonder if the figure is jumping for joy, and if so, where has she found this joy that sends her leaping and clicking her heels in this scene that only she appears to inhabit? Or maybe there's something altogether different going on! Heck, maybe she wa pushed from a bridge! If this were hanging in my home, I could cogitate and meditate over a painting like this for years. I daresay that I would ultimately learn something about myself from studying a painting like this.

So many ways to interpret this one! I'm going with so much happiness that it floats the person up off the ground. As long as it's not too windy there should be a gentle landing later. Your work always makes me think - well done!

Perry, Laika and Donna, thank you so much. Yes, that person is “elevated” with joy, hoping for a soft landing…..
Chagall, whom I don’t like at all, has all kinds of people and/or animals flying around in his pieces.
Btw, I gave this piece to my son a couple of years ago.

Chagall, whom I don’t like at all, has all kinds of people and/or animals flying around in his pieces.
Ooo, I love Chagall! His blues are magical and his paintings are sublime. ❤ I do appreciate what you're saying about all the insertions of imagery in his work. More than likely he's the only one who could explain why and how those elements are there. It matters not to me: they are gorgeous.

I love your elated figure! A charming gnome like figure, rising high and floating through your warm air. Love all the texture. A real beauty, Nufocus.

Back