Eighteenth from the nineteenth.

Grampy

This is often the view I have whilst discussing the our round of golf over a pie and a pint at our local golf club.
Acrylic on 400 x 300mm MDF.
The eighteenth from the nineteenth 800. copy.jpg

C&C Welcome
Steve.

What a view! It’s great that you saw the potential for a painting in this, Steve. The pie and pint would have distracted me. 🙂

Thanks Donna. I am always looking for things and views to paint.
Steve.

I LIKE this- I love the simple shape of the sunlit green most- just terrific!

We play Wii golf- FAR less expensive.

This makes me homesick for golf. Lovely view.
Thanks Jo, I am quickly getting to the point where I will have to stop playing.I can't manage 18 holes and I struggle with nine and I can't always afford to hire a buggy.
Steve.

just spectacular - someday pls share how you mix greens
Hi Bongo thanks for your comments.Regarding my mixing of greens is quite simple. I have this chart which reminds me where to start when I need a certain shade of green. Basically I work with to six colours across the top of the chart and bring in a bit of white for the tips of the leaves. Black and yellow make a good green and obviously blue and yellow but this often needs toning down, this I do by adding Yellow Ochre or Raw Siena. The only greens I use are Sap Green and Hookers Green but never in their raw state, I always tone them down. It is just about playing around with the six colours and see what you get.

IMG_5051.jpeg

Cheers, Steve.

Beautiful painting of a beautiful scene! No wonder you decided to paint it. ❤️ I agree that your varied greens are superb - your chart up there is so clever!

Love it!

Beautiful painting of a beautiful scene! No wonder you decided to paint it. ❤️ I agree that your varied greens are superb - your chart up there is so clever!

Love it!
Thanks Terri, for your kind comments.
Steve

Thank you Artyczar, it is just a matter of playing around with the six main colours. But the chart refreshes my memory of where to start.
Steve.

Back