Threatening Skies in Northumberland

Grampy

From Our latest trip to Northumberland. Can anyone guess the Castle?. Acrylic on 16"x12"MDF.

Threatening skies in Northumberland.jpeg

C & C Welcome
Steve.

Beautiful portrait of the castle, it looks very imposing. I love those heavy clouds too.

Wonderful work! Those skies above the castle look threatening in a beautiful way.

Stay safe out there! Great job.
Thank you Terri. You know when you see a striking scene and you have to turn around and take a photograph of it , even though you are getting wet through. The photo just had to be taken.
Steve.

Thank you Terri. You know when you see a striking scene and you have to turn around and take a photograph of it , even though you are getting wet through. The photo just had to be taken.
Steve.
I understand that completely! :LOL:

This is great. I have no idea of the area but love getting to learn about it with you. Beautiful.

This is great. I have no idea of the area but love getting to learn about it with you. Beautiful.
Thanks Jo, pleased you like it. You would love Northumberland, it is on the northeast coast of England as it approaches the border with Scotland. It has a beautiful coastline steeped in history and peppered with castles from its battles with Scotland .
I don’t know why anyone would want to battle with Scotland I just love the place.
Steve.

I don’t know why anyone would want to battle with Scotland I just love the place.
Steve.
😉Likely because Scotland kept insisting England should fall under Scottish rule- weird, but folks sometimes get shirty when told their own royals aren't the proper royals and they should accept these other royals they feel are imposters in the first place; add religion, and you've got yourself a War of the Roses. 🤓🙃🤓

Scotland, bless their usquebaugh-making hearts, sometimes acted as if they owned the place.😉

Everyone mentions those striking skies and they're right, those skies are magnificent and fit the history of that particular spot- a fortification meant to mark a point: Here, and no further- no matter the turbulence it causes. But I like the path from the lower left fore aaaaaalllll the way back to the castle, with added rocks so you know the only way to take the place will be hard and rocky.

Well done! How long did this one take? Did you use a layered approach or a direct application? How do you prepare your MDF ground?

😉Likely because Scotland kept insisting England should fall under Scottish rule- weird, but folks sometimes get shirty when told their own royals aren't the proper royals and they should accept these other royals they feel are imposters in the first place; add religion, and you've got yourself a War of the Roses. 🤓🙃🤓

Scotland, bless their usquebaugh-making hearts, sometimes acted as if they owned the place.😉

Everyone mentions those striking skies and they're right, those skies are magnificent and fit the history of that particular spot- a fortification meant to mark a point: Here, and no further- no matter the turbulence it causes. But I like the path from the lower left fore aaaaaalllll the way back to the castle, with added rocks so you know the only way to take the place will be hard and rocky.

Well done! How long did this one take? Did you use a layered approach or a direct application? How do you prepare your MDF ground?
Thanks for the history lesson, policies spoils everything. But I still love the place.
Thanks for your comments, it took me three 2hour sessions, I layered the sky. I find 5mm MDF the best surface after two coats of gesso.
Thanks again Steve.

Back