Edge Of A Dream

Enyaw

namuh
002.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Nov 2/22 .. dreaming in color

This is gorgeous Wayne! I love the yellows in there - they make my eyes dance across the painting. The movement in the sky and water are fantastic! ❤️

Thank you CaliAnn. A little more vibrant than the norm but still not overly obtrusive with saturation.

Thank you Katie.

Love this one Wayne! Your palette is expanding and lightening, I perceive. Really well done. Captures the air, the mood and the movement so well, amigo. Where was this painted? Looks like my CA coastline.

Thank you Bart. I paint mostly from inspiration, then it's into imagination and what feels right. This is no place in particular but fragments of my mind and ability to display what I see. I need to find a notan that sparks my imagination and from there, it is mostly trying to cover the mistakes I make trying to get it right. I liked this when I did it but now find it to be a terrible piece. I will try a few corrections over the next few pieces so I can find what I think I might.
Lesson: preconceived color will give what that color palette dictates and not necessarily what you think it will. Technically sound but not the beach I was looking for.

Well it is the kind of beach I would be looking for! LOL

I also paint only rarely these days from imagination alone, though when I started painting 40+ years ago that was all I did endlessly. Oddly enough, I find that people react even better and consistently to what I paint that way. Must be that not looking at a real scene allows for compositional isolation to the essentials without the distractions of life. Who knows ----- and who cares.

This one is just enjoyable. Congratulations.

A real beauty, Wayne! This one has such exciting movement, and real depth to make the eye look at that sky. The bit of yellow is just inspired. ❤️ Love it - a new favorite!

Back