Don't you Hate it When ...

Don't you Hate it when ....
You realize that the weather on the weekend will be blue sky, no wind, autumn perfect. You start planning that special painting. You have been thinking about a location for ages. You start, gathering gear, etc etc, the nervous tension of the expectation.....
You are reminded ... that XYZ has to be done as ABC is coming to lunch on Sunday.... WTF!!
You have a day to fix some crap on Saturday and they come at LUNCHTIME Sunday. The middle of the day, so cooking etc in morning then "company" all afternoon.

You have been waiting for the autumn light in the morning as it hits the trees at a crazy low angle... And in the afternoon the light turns a gold rose glow at a low angle that lasts only a few weeks where everything GLOWS. Why are they coming NOW! On Monday the weather turn iffy again....
I hate that....

Murray, I feel your pain! I hate it when company comes over--period! Ha ha ha! :ROFLMAO:

Don't you hate it when people ASSUME you have an open schedule because you are an artist???
I’m only a part-time (part of a part?) working artist. I’d have starved long ago if I counted on art sales. I have been self employed for the past fifteen years though, so I can assure you it’s not just artists. Anybody self employed will quickly find that in the minds of friends and family, your money comes from a magical place and requires no input of time or effort ever, so you are always available to assist with anything at all. Not just available, but eager, if only to get your thumb out of your ass and get you out of the house. Bitter… Who, me?

John! OMG! Your bitter words just gave me loads of relief and blew off a ton of steam for me. THANK YOU!!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :love:

... when you show off your latest greatest and a relative says." Coming along quite nicely. Can't wait to see the finished piece.
I never ask "is it finished?".
It´s like asking a woman when the baby is due, without knowing with ab-so-lute certainty she is expecting... ;)

Dont you hate it when you do the same thing AGAIN. Except rather than one pastel - I bumped the a whole tray of pastels onto the floor!
The one million pieces pickup game. You can cut the air with a knife at the moment!!!
Fortunately Rembrandts. A number broken but they can be used. The little bits I can maybe powder to use in backgrounds - grrrrr

Dont you hate it when you do the same thing AGAIN. Except rather than one pastel - I bumped the a whole tray of pastels onto the floor!
The one million pieces pickup game. You can cut the air with a knife at the moment!!!
Fortunately Rembrandts. A number broken but they can be used. The little bits I can maybe powder to use in backgrounds - grrrrr
Let's look on the bright side. It could have been much worse: it could have happened to me. I hope that makes you feel better 😂

OK Hermes, you got me.... On the "slightly" brighter side - I have lots of little sharp edges to draw fine lines ....

Just last week. When you spend 3 to 4 hours carefully freehand painting a building on a small panel. Wait three days for it to dry; then realize it absolutely would be improved if you moved it half an inch to the right.

When you run out of a color; go to your stash only to find out you did not update and you are out. Two week delivery. Man, that sucks. I will have to bleed at the local shop for a tube to get me by.

Back