Different Trees

DM, I used to have a mirror problem earier, but just recently I found one in a storage. I didn´t know we have extra mirror there so I´m happy. Of course I will do at least a color study from life. It just occurred to my mind that don´t we need two mirrors for one portrait?
If you want to be true to what you actually look like, yes 2 mirrors are required, but for self-portrait day and for my sake, it's not needed and not worth the effort to "reverse" myself that way because it's already challenging enough to study myself in the mirror. LOL. Nothing's stopping you though if you wanna go down this routine. :D

P.Barrie, of course I would love to hear suggestions and maybe someone else reading this thread would like to hear too. Although I think I won't work more on this one. Have already moved on and was actually painting today plein air in a deep forest; that means more trees 😅 of different colors 🍃 🍁 🍂 🫒. I say "yes" to suggestions! Thanks in advance.
DM, (y) it's just that I suddenly remembered that I had read somewhere that there should actually be two mirrors .. but I can't manage two nor do I have two, I think. They would drop to the floor and break in zillion pieces if I had installation of two mirrors in this studio chaos. 🤣

Reactions: Dm7
On this composition it seems the trees grab the eye without having much else to go around to. I’m thinking some foreground before the focal point. IMO, good landscapes have several layers of depth, more than three or four.

Thank you, Mayben!
Thanks also, P.Barrie! Very good point the foreground (y) There are cliffs, rocks, little forest berry plats and tiny cute pines etc that could go to the foreground. I didn't know what to do with this so I left it as it is. Maybe keeping this as a study plein air and maybe painting a larger version where there would be more space to add more layers. Also, the sea that shows there a little bit is not that well painted in this small version plein air, at least I don't quite like it. In a larger painting the sea might show better in between the trees etc. I'm glad you stopped by and gave some ideas to this one. I'm very thankful. 🙏

Esther, thank you ✨ for your comment! It was a very good day out in a fresh air by the sea. I'd get bored in a place like this if I wasn't painting, I think.

Back