Different Trees

moscatel

oil painter
This is oil on board, size: 30x40 cm (about 12x16 in). I spent a lovely day out in the sea front painting plein air.

pleinairporkkala.jpg

Donna, thank you!
MurrayG, thanks! Dalmatia is not a bad idea. Actually, gorgeous place: not only for plein air but vacation too or do we painters ever have only vacation? I think we always paint, don't we? So it's always a painting vacation! I will keep in mind Dalmatia Coast for the next plein air trip. Thanks for the suggestion.

How beautiful! I love your blue sky color, and the varying shapes and sizes of the trees is spot on. Lovely painting!

Very nice. I love the variety of trees and the subtle differences in your greens that make it feel "right".

Anne

Donna, thank you!
MurrayG, thanks! Dalmatia is not a bad idea. Actually, gorgeous place: not only for plein air but vacation too or do we painters ever have only vacation? I think we always paint, don't we? So it's always a painting vacation! I will keep in mind Dalmatia Coast for the next plein air trip. Thanks for the suggestion.
There are lovely spots all along the coast and even inland (forest, lakes, waterfalls). But Im here ATM and getting out as much as I can with my homemade pastel setup or just a tote bag and pens & such. If you ever have the urge let me know :)

Yes, love the shapes of the trees and the color of the ocean. It's unique. Very nice piece moscatel. The sky is delicious. ♥️

Beautiful colors and shapes. :) And good to see you here too! I'm DmArtist7 from WC in case you were wondering.

Sno, thank you!
Terri, thanks! For the sky I used cobolt blue.
Anne, thanks! It was fun to try to find variation to the different tree colors.
MurrayG, sounds like a wonderful place to paint plein air. I've never been to this coast. Waterfalls!! I once tried to paint a waterfall in Norway and after that I can only improve 😅 but .. yes, waterfalls are always nice. Oh, I have homemade/selfmade pochade box, too, for oil paints. I needed it to be very light weigh so had to do it myself. I hope I make it to Dalmatia Coast sometime soon.(y)
Triduana, Thank you!
Arty, Thank you! I'm not very good painting water or oceans so I was glad these trees covered the ocean quite well.
Enyaw, Thank you!
DM, so good to see you! I guess we all just need to move here to this wonderful forum after the old one is closing. Thanks for commenting. Btw, are we still in for the self portrait challenge? ;) 🙈

DM, so good to see you! I guess we all just need to move here to this wonderful forum after the old one is closing. Thanks for commenting. Btw, are we still in for the self portrait challenge? ;) 🙈
Yup, it's a bittersweet moment, but I already like this forum. With its notification system, it's easier to stay in touch with all posts compared to WC. It was broken. And heck yes! Why not!? 🥳

I think mine will be only partially from life .. I still need to rely on :unsure: photograph on that one. But yes I want to give it one more try. :p Ah, almost forgot: I still need to show you the caves in Etretat, France.

Reactions: Dm7
I think mine will be only partially from life .. I still need to rely on :unsure: photograph on that one. But yes I want to give it one more try. :p Ah, almost forgot: I still need to show you the caves in Etretat, France.
Haha, I still need to find a suitable mirror. The mirror I have used for years finally broke. Also, other bigger heavy mirror I used before that cracked a while ago. Oops. Anyway, this international self-portrait day doesn't have to be from life, so you're okay if you need to use a photography. I just like to make it harder for myself. 🤪 No worries, show them when you have time. I am curious!

ntl, thank you so much!!
DM, I used to have a mirror problem earier, but just recently I found one in a storage. I didn´t know we have extra mirror there so I´m happy. Of course I will do at least a color study from life. It just occurred to my mind that don´t we need two mirrors for one portrait?
Jo, thank you!! I´m glad you like it.
Bongo, thank you!! Your right there is a bonsai feel to them.

Reactions: Dm7
Back