Dawn Mountain (Working Title)

I especially like the area "behind" the mountain--the near to---->fading landscape and sky.
I feel like that was the better part too.
I may be reading too much into this, but this work could be interpreted to highlight a discord in the art world, between realism and its opposite, as well as the disjuncture between homo sapien and the environment. The subconscious works in mysterious ways.

Iain--that is a lot to read into it. I don't feel like it deserves all that. I put it in the garage for now and will give it a new look in a couple of months. I did put it on the website, so I guess I'm okay with it for now. A couple other people I showed it to also felt it wasn't a successful piece though. I think it's in the area of the white-ish rocks on top of the "wall" area that I don't like, but maybe that would be all I'd change. I'll have to think on it.

Iain--that is a lot to read into it. I don't feel like it deserves all that. I put it in the garage for now and will give it a new look in a couple of months. I did put it on the website, so I guess I'm okay with it for now. A couple other people I showed it to also felt it wasn't a successful piece though. I think it's in the area of the white-ish rocks on top of the "wall" area that I don't like, but maybe that would be all I'd change. I'll have to think on it.

Lol, you know Artie, I was going to comment that the only thing I didn't like were those rocks.

This is a Photoshop jobby, but this is basically what it would look like if I "fixed" it. I think I like it way better.

DM672PLAY2.jpg

I better get to work on it then.

I've flipped back and forth, comparing them and I think you may be right. I think I like this rendition better too. (y)

Seeing is believing. The omitition of those rocks does seem to make a positive difference...I guess they were diluting the contrast between the sharp lines of the buildings and the landscape beyond.

I was going to throw the idea forward of adding a fine wash to the landscape, making it dusk, and thereby highlighting the village. But anyhow, I'm fairly good at suggestions... And I have little to no experience with oils.

Back