City Subjects

walking.JPG

The glass tower is 17 State Street next to Battery Park. Our Lady of the Rosary is the lower building (19th century). A nice blending of old and new architecture.

2E2C5480-01A5-424C-98E5-81FD96B8D11F.jpeg

My initial intention was to tint this photo but had little luck using water based paints. So I tried using a product called Distress Ink with better success. I just wanted to enhance the subject but not overwhelm it with color. I like the final product and I already have a number of photos that may benefit from tinting.

IMG_6986.jpg

Nicely done! You captured a great moment here, and it turned out well.

Is this a silver gelatin print? You mention water-based paints and then this other ink product that I've not heard of. I like this hint of blue. Curious about your substrate.

Nicely done! You captured a great moment here, and it turned out well.

Is this a silver gelatin print? You mention water-based paints and then this other ink product that I've not heard of. I like this hint of blue. Curious about your substrate.
Thanks - I don't believe this is a silver gelatin print as I get my photos developed at CVS. It had been recommended to use matt finish prints (which take a few days for delivery) as opposed to glossy prints which are usually ready in an hour.

Ah, okay! :) I wasn't thinking in terms of a CVS type place. So you can order machine prints there, and they'll let you choose the paper surface.

You're right about the glossy finish - it will repel liquid.

Back