Chroma Scraper

Artyczar

Another new gouache on a thicker, darker Rives BFK paper. It's bigger at 30 x 22 inches:

chroma-scraper72.jpg

I see so many city things in this, Ayin, and it is a such a well-balanced design! To me, this is the best kind of abstraction: it's something a viewer can ponder because there are relatable elements in it yet no two people will see it the same. I happen to think the little red circle on a stick is a traffic sign and it's my favorite part. It's just fits! :)

Nice one! I also see it as a city, but soaring up. This is optimistic and hopeful. I see the red as a balloon on it's way up and ready to break barriers.

CaliAnn, thank you very much. That makes me happy. :)

Donna, you have really opened my eyes to this piece--things I didn't even see myself, though I searched for a title about a "cityscape" type of thing because it reminded me of a metropolitan city scene in a way. I love that you see a stop sign! That is so neat. I like that. Thank you for your insights! ♥️

ntl, Thank you so much! I love that you see/feel the optimism in this. I felt good about the color choices here. Thank you for your encouraging feedback. :love:

Definatelybseeca city scape but like the fact your lines are not ruler draw. That adds to the piece.

I'm with Donna and ntl on seeing a cityscape here. I love those vertical lines going up and up, and the beautiful curves to the right. I also see Donna's stop sign, only backlit and throwing a line of shadow. I don't know what inspired you to add this but it's one of those perfect little touches that bring a smile. LOVE ❤️

Thank you Dave and Terri. I really appreciate everyone's great view of this. I felt good about this one, but now I feel terrific! :LOL:

♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Other than some art history, I know very little about abstract art. Personally, I like to have art evoke emotion. What I like about this is that it is pleasing (to my eye) and well composed. I don't find the need to relate abstract or non-representational art to a particular subject. For me, that is the appeal of those styles. It reminds me of Joan Miró's The Sun (El Sol).

Other than some art history, I know very little about abstract art. Personally, I like to have art evoke emotion. What I like about this is that it is pleasing (to my eye) and well composed. I don't find the need to relate abstract or non-representational art to a particular subject. For me, that is the appeal of those styles. It reminds me of Joan Miró's The Sun (El Sol).

First, I love this work too. Second, I agree, I don't always look for something in non-representational art, but sometimes I do too. I just let it be natural.

But this one did make me think of being in high school and doing homework, especially geometry.

Thank you very much Joy, Captain, and john. I appreciate your words very much.

Personally, I never look at abstract art in terms of a representational approach. I don't like speaking to my own work though. Maybe wrong thread to get into this. But I began looking at a lot of abstract art before learning much about realism and representational stuff. It purely an emotional and compositional language for me (both in painting and looking).

Back