2.7 MB · Views: 245
  • chinka-chink-chink.jpg
    chinka-chink-chink.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_9076.jpg
    IMG_9076.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 239
Thanks, snoball. You are too kind.
Using a ballpoint pen, a bic to be precise, which is of course not used for colouring, does take patience, but I did experience a heightening of the senses during the process better than any drug. I get a kick out of using materials in ways other than they were intended.

I LOVE these. They are sort of Zen-like. I love patterns like these. It's meditative to do these, no? I also love working with ballpoint pens.

Thank you, Artyczar. It is meditative. Using a ballpoint pen seemed quite natural since I have scribbled in notebooks and on scraps of paper for years.

I like them too.
they are very precise and cute.
it must have been very Zen, doing them.

Pleased you like them, Joe, thanks. I don't know much about Zen, but I find the tradition of wabi-sabi interesting. Hannelore Baron, whose work I have only recently discovered, and whose aesthetic I adore, may well have been aware of that tradition.

Thank you, Artyczar. It is meditative. Using a ballpoint pen seemed quite natural since I have scribbled in notebooks and on scraps of paper for years.
When I'm talking to people on the phone I constantly doodle on paper - I do think it is meditative, and then afterward I find I have done a repetitive series of doodles.

thanks Iain, thanks for the article, reading now, interesting and full of teachings that way of taking life. it would be so helpful. I don't know the works of Hannelore Baron, I will look for them.

yesm nice to use the ballpoint pen and feelings you said while drawing.

This followed on from the drawings above. I intended to follow the same system/framework but then...I get bored and lack discipline. You can see that here, from right to left... Thus (thus!) I saw the lack of continuity in this drawing as a failure.

Experimental Practise 08:16.jpg

I like it, true what he says snoball, they look like little creatures that take strange poses, I find them cute and nice

Thank you good people 👾 I think the looser ones seem to have volition/portray realistic movement.

I don't see this one as a failure at all! This has great movement and raw life. It's got a natural vibe and I love it! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Thank you Artyczar! There was a retrial and iit has been exonerated. It turns out it was innocent all along. 🙂 It is kind of like a metaphor of developing animation.

I love these repetitions that create a pattern. Do you ever get into printing and silkscreen?
I really like these.

Another one I didn't like! Who needs detractors?

Time could be a healer, as said, creating distance, a new perspective. Might be a reason to go on when all present evidence screams to the contrary.

Ink and oil stick, I think.
2016.jpg

Back