Check the Pulse

Artyczar

Finished this, finally. Oil on gessoboard, 16 x 16 inches.

check-the-pulse672.jpg

Congrats - this turned out beautifully! I just love the texture in this one. The clouds, the rainbow, the expressions - there's so much going on this one. A mystery where you can fill in the blanks however you want.

It's just fantastic! ❤️

Is the girl's face melting? Love the expression of incredulity on the older woman. Another fine painting you got here!

Thank you, Dave, Terri, and Bongo. You make me feel like I'm doing something...right? Yes, I suppose the girl's face is melting. I think it's because she has to spend time with her mother in this scene. Ha ha ha! 🤣 ...Something like that.

This is very powerful, even without knowing the story behind it. Kind of creepy, kind of *scary*, even.

Beautifully worked, too- which helps keep the viewer, fascinated by the emotional train wreck of the scene, looking to discover what exactly has and is happening.

Thanks Jae. I guess that is what I was going for: creepy, scary, powerful, and undetermined. I really appreciate your feedback. ♥️

Great work Arty! Yes, the story's there, kind of gruesome, but the emotion comes through. Well done. ❤️❤️

Back