Black and drab

Many people have been drawn to the timeless simplicity of "Monolith," by S. Kubrick:
stanley.jpg

It is probably relevant to the discussion here on Drab and Black paintings, to mention that I have been working on some paintings that fall into that category. For some reason unknown to me, I felt the need to do some very dark, heavily textured paintings that nevertheless have some hints of colour. I'll be showing them in the Contemporary and Abstract Art forum as I finish them. The first one is just about ready.

Looking forward to seeing them Hermes. I've through periods of painting in black and white. I find sometimes that they are like a palette cleanser as I usually work with a lot of colour.:)

Thanks, guys, but I think you are going to be repulsed by them! I had a pretty good response to my Bastet bookends, but the paintings are going to be a different matter. They are purely for myself and my place, and are quite brutal and by no means pretty.

I should be able to post the second one in the Contemporary and Abstract Art forum soon. The first one was surprisingly well received!

Back