August 8th 2021 7.45 am

Bongo

Apartment building called "Current" is part of a "village" that's going up all around it. I saw these balconies against the sky on one end and thought it could make a good painting. I had to park a ways away, then squeeze thru a couple construction fences, jump off a (low) ledge to get to my spot. but it saved me from taking the longer way around.
20230919_130507_copy_800x601.jpg

set up (with my new Mabef M23 backpack easel) I've put a piece of contact paper above the palette to keep some of the paint off.

the sketch
20230919_131909_copy_600x800.jpg

The managers paid me a visit. Good people, no problems.

the block in:
20230919_135514_copy_800x600.jpg

"August 8th 20201 7:45 am" oil on 18"x14" panel
August 8th 2021 7.45 AM.jpg

comments welcomed

Love your sky and little overcast sun. Your colors are perfect and inspire me to mix better colors myself. Another excellent piece! ♥️

Thank you Jo!

Ayin - the overcast sun is supposed to be light from a UFO. I wanted to make it subtle but made it too subtle. You're not alone, everyone who's seen it reads it as the sun. That's one reason why I like to show my work, to find out what works and what doesn't. Fortunately, it's an easy fix.

JStarr - Trying to put more figures in my paintings and not feeling too confident about it - so your comment made my day.

It DEFINITELY reads as UFO lights now! Now the person on the balcony makes more sense. The whole painting has an all new meaning to me. I love it much more if that is even possible??? It IS! :) ♥️

Back