Aphantasia

When I was painting large abstracts I would often mentally take the image to bed with me so that I could work on it in my mind's eye. Looking back that was probably borderline obsessive but at the time I used to find it helpful.
But at least you don't have aphantasia. :giggle:

Sometimes me and my sweetie will get too sleepy to make it all the way through that night's DVD. Next night it's, "What were we watching?" And too often, we don't remember until we look at the case or hit play. Sometimes I don't even know what day it is. Fogged out.

Sometimes me and my sweetie will get too sleepy to make it all the way through that night's DVD. Next night it's, "What were we watching?" And too often, we don't remember until we look at the case or hit play. Sometimes I don't even know what day it is. Fogged out.
I hate watching a TV movie and they go to those long strings of commercials (like 15 30 second spots) and by the time they finally get back to the movie, I have forgotten what was happening. :)

I hate watching a TV movie and they go to those long strings of commercials (like 15 30 second spots) and by the time they finally get back to the movie, I have forgotten what was happening. :)

You need a DVR so you can watch them after you record them and FF past those nasty commercials, especially the ones about Rx drugs that help memory loss. Ha.

I have a DVR, in fact we have DISH so we can record any time but it isn't worth the time as far as I'm concerned. I just have so many other ways to spend my time. :)

We don't watch TV in real time so at least we don't have to worry about that.

At seventy-one my life is pretty mundane compared to what it used to be. One day pretty much just blends into another.

We don't watch TV in real time so at least we don't have to worry about that.

At seventy-one my life is pretty mundane compared to what it used to be. One day pretty much just blends into another.
:giggle: Same here. Especially now when we are not going anywhere, one day looks exactly like the other.

:giggle: Same here. Especially now when we are not going anywhere, one day looks exactly like the other.
I'm feeling a bit like that I think in part due to the coronavirus. We are in lockdown again and are told when we can go out to get our shopping and so we have all just got fatter, and more bored with each passing day.

Yes I think it is in great part due to the virus. I'm beginning to find it all a bit soul destroying really. Sno as to your condition, what a strange thing to learn about it so recently.Just think, you may never have learned about it at all - would you prefer that?

Yes I think it is in great part due to the virus. I'm beginning to find it all a bit soul destroying really. Sno as to your condition, what a strange thing to learn about it so recently.Just think, you may never have learned about it at all - would you prefer that?
I think I would have probably liked to remain ignorant. But after I learned about it, it has been fascinating research.

It's definitely fascinating. When I learned what synesthesia was, it sort of explain a little bit about what had been going on with me, but I have it a lot less than I did when I was younger, which I've heard is NOT in line with how it normally presents itself. It is lifelong. I still have it, but not in the same way most others have it, and not as vivid as it once was. Maybe people have it with music. They can see and taste music. I have it with letters and numbers, where they are colored and also have personalities. The personalities have been documented, but it's more uncommon.

It's definitely fascinating. When I learned what synesthesia was, it sort of explain a little bit about what had been going on with me, but I have it a lot less than I did when I was younger, which I've heard is NOT in line with how it normally presents itself. It is lifelong. I still have it, but not in the same way most others have it, and not as vivid as it once was. Maybe people have it with music. They can see and taste music. I have it with letters and numbers, where they are colored and also have personalities. The personalities have been documented, but it's more uncommon.
I had never heard of it. Can you give an example of how it impacts you at all. I'm not sure I really understand it.

“Garbled.” That’s how many adults describe communicating and living with auditory processing disorder (APD). APD makes it difficult to understand and interpret information presented orally. This may manifest as poor listening skills, poor reading comprehension, or miscommunication that causes trouble with coworkers, partners, family and friends. For many people, living with APD is like trying to listen on a cell phone with the signal cutting in and out.
My daughter has APD, again quite rare I think and she speaks incredibly LOUD. It is a worry, it is often hereditary, and I think I might have it but not as severe as she has. For example, I cannot hear accents, I can chat to someone at a party for example and only later when my husband might refer to the fact that he was Scottish do I realise that he had a Scottish accent. Also, I can't retain information very well, so I'm not the best person to pass on a message.

“Garbled.” That’s how many adults describe communicating and living with auditory processing disorder (APD). APD makes it difficult to understand and interpret information presented orally. This may manifest as poor listening skills, poor reading comprehension, or miscommunication that causes trouble with coworkers, partners, family and friends. For many people, living with APD is like trying to listen on a cell phone with the signal cutting in and out.
My daughter has APD, again quite rare I think and she speaks incredibly LOUD. It is a worry, it is often hereditary, and I think I might have it but not as severe as she has. For example, I cannot hear accents, I can chat to someone at a party for example and only later when my husband might refer to the fact that he was Scottish do I realise that he had a Scottish accent. Also, I can't retain information very well, so I'm not the best person to pass on a message.
Oh then, we'll tell all our secrets to you Katie. :giggle:

My mom had it a little, so it may be hereditary, I don't know, but I once asked her if she knew about the letter 'B' being a little shy, and she said she never liked him because she wasn't crazy about light blue because he looked like a baby boy. I said he only looks like that because in the alphabet, he's next to the letter 'C' who is pink and is not very sociable and makes B self-conscious and it "shrinks" him.

Some letters have two colors, like 'L' is yellow and has a reddish glow around it.

Reading as a small child was next to impossible because the letters were distracting in these colors, especially because I knew them as people and some of them didn't get along together in certain words and it would bother me...see you think I'm insane...

I certainly don't think that, but this is the first I have heard of this condition too and it is fascinating.

Arty, when you are making one of your works, are things in special colors and how about small letters like type?

Back