Animal & Wildlife Challenge, November, 2022

Joe: Your drawing of the dog is sooo good! Great job! ❤️
Christel: Adorable hedgehog! ❤️

I don't have anything done yet - hope to get something done before the month is out

I did start a piece but it was so awful I binned it. I am doing that more now, instead of working on something I don't like.

Joe - The soft values and gesture is perfect. There are some warm shades there, so I would leave it as is.
Christel - Excellent, especially the natural look of the whiskers and hair.

joe1lt - awww so well done with that strange position.
Christel - what a cute porcu!

Here are my sketches, ink and marker, 8x5" page.

animals-nov2022-01.jpg

animals-nov2022-02.jpg

Cheers,

thank you all for the kind words, yes, I will leave it like this, in the next few days I will choose another reference for a new drawing or more than one
EP,fantastic series, they are all beautiful draws , those faces ,expression.

Penny - Thank you for hosting! My first attempt was a mess, and I will try a quick sketch to force myself to work faster and looser.

Joe- You've done a beautiful drawing of Rollo the whippet. Just lovely !

Christel - Lovely hedgehog ! I really like his expression.

EP - Great drawings, my favourite is Rollo the whippet.

Kay - Nice zebra - a lovely expression .

Cheers,
Patricia

Penny - Thank you for hosting! My first attempt was a mess, and I will try a quick sketch to force myself to work faster and looser.
Ok, Joy. I hope you do enter. I am trying to find your Japanese Lady, not sure where it is.
I found it, so no problem!

Last edited:
CaliAnn - thank you
joe1lt - thank you
Kay - wonderful zebra!
pcj/Patricia - thank you
Schuee/Penny - thank you

Joe, I really like your sketches. They are all very good. I love the panda and the brown ink. They have character.

Joe, I especially like the panda's expression. I am attempting it now, and making a real mess of it.

Thanks everyone for the nice words, glad you like it.
Joy, I'm glad you're drawing the panda too, it's a nice picture and it's a fantastic animal, I hope you enjoy drawing it, it will be nice to see it.

This is a watercolor, 7 x 10 on Canson XL 140CP sketchbook paper. It likely looks better on the screen than in person, as I overworked it so. The paper is cheap, and I thought I would do a quick sketch and kept trying to make it "better". I wiped out the eyes several times so the paper is tearing and there are way too many layers. No wonder he looks so glum! ;) I tried the lemur and it was so awful I binned it.

046002D6-E187-479B-9E0E-7942820E9223_1_201_a.jpeg

Back