Animal & Wildlife Challenge for April, 2022.

Joy, love your snake.

Penny, what an adorable dog peeping at us. Love the sparkle in his eye and the way you handled the fur.

Here is my first one. Ink & Inktense in mix media sketch book. It's about 5" x 7".

20220408Sk6 Snail (Pixabay).png

I have another just about finished but I have to scan it. I'll post it tomorrow as soon it's finished.

Thank you, Joy. I’m pleased you liked seeing the work in progress. It had to b the dog! 😀

Very well done, Anne. It looks like an illustration from a book. I like it. I’m pleased you chose the snail.

Thanks for your comments on mine.

Reactions: ams
EP - So creative, as always. Nice compositions. Do you plan the placement ahead of time with thumbnails sketches?

Thanks Penny and Joy.

EP, fun sketches here. My favorites are the two ducks, the bird and the whale.

Here is the one I had to scan today of the bear. Ink & Inktense in XL MixMedia sketch book, about 4"x5". It took about 45 minutes.

2022041922Sk7 Brown Bear (Pixabay).png

Anne - So impressive that it was done in such a short amount of time! Did you do a pencil drawing first? The nose is exceptional.

T
Anne - So impressive that it was done in such a short amount of time! Did you do a pencil drawing first? The nose is exceptional.
Thanks Joy. I always do a light sketch in pencil first, then ink with a very fine pen and then add the color. I don't usually work quite this fast but this one just went well.

I didn’t get to say, earlier, how awesome this month’s references are. I couldn’t wait to get started on the one I chose to paint. But what a month! So now I’m lagging behind to finish it. Until then, I'll share this sketch I did. (Different than the reference I chose to paint.)

Will be back to add my comments on everyone’s offerings. 😊
I want a snack.jpg

Christel, what a beautiful dove. The dark background really sets it off too.

JSparrow, your sketch of the dog is adorable. He's just peeping out at us. I wonder if he thinks he is invisible!

omg, you guys are good! Every one of these is fantastic -- and Joy even made a snake look good. :)

What wonderful work from you all!!!!

Sorry I haven't been here, but I've had unexpected visitors - family staying for the Easter break - so haven't had a chance to complete an entry for this Challenge yet. Also we are going into another Long Holiday Weekend this weekend - Anzac Day for Australia and NZ on Monday - so I'm away to Arrowtown where we are going to have a family get-together for Anzac Day. I'll take my watercolor media with me, and will (hopefully) get a painting done while I'm away.

Good to see you Vivien. I noticed you hadn't been around for a while. I'm glad it was because you had unexpected visitors.

Enjoy your weekend.

Joy - great eye on the snake! Thank you!
Penny - awwww - love seeing that furry face emerge :)
Anne - oooh sneaky snail :) Thank you! Oooh your bear looks mournful ...
Christel - wonderful work with the shadows and feathers and posture :)
JSparrow - awww cute little face :)

I had done these and even 2 times the dog had started, I don't have the photo yet.

but maybe I continue it, or try again, in these days I had stopped drawing due to a cold.
I'm sorry not to have commented on each of your work more individually and the other posts.

in the drawing of the whale, that of the other animals, of colored squares, I didn't think about it, I was trying to color. those things came to me and I tried to draw.

BALENA.jpg
ORSO.jpg

Joe, nice sketches. I especially like your bear.

Hope you are feeling better.

Back