...and maybe gardens will spring from chaos...

Mindy Zielfelder

Hi, I'm new here... I was on Wetcanvas a long time ago, but doesn't seem there's much going on there anymore.

I did this in 2021...18x24, mixed media (soft pastel, oil pastel, graphite, colored pencil) on paper. Looking for feedback/comments. Thank you!

Mindy Zielfelder_005.jpg

Wow, the colors are so bold and rich! Yes, those marks in the foreground are certainly suggestive of riotous plant life. And what I see as the sky is layered and very atmospheric. I love the title too. Yeah, this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us here and for sharing your work with us :)

Wow this is beautiful! The colors are great and there’s a real sense of energy. I think the title fits perfectly! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

I like this. Especially those little touches of red and light blue.
I also like the delicate line work.

I echo a lot of the sentiments here, and WELCOME to the site! I hope you post more of this kind of extraordinary work. This is just gorgeous. It is balanced and has great movement. Beautiful palette that is not too bright. Just perfect. ♥️

IMO, This piece sings and dances in space! To me, The strokes look well placed with purpose, not random, but with deliberate layers of color and line.
👍🏼👍🏼

Welcome, Mindy! I used to be on Wetcanvas too many years ago. I like your color choices in this work, and the abstract forms are very appealing, like a fantasy garden against the sky.

Welcome, Mindy! I love your piece! Abstract art both confuses and delights me, by turns - I haven't studied it and don't produce it. I only know that it can really be wonderful, like this piece here. ❤ The colors are beautiful and it's soothing to look at.

I hope you enjoy the forum! :)

Hi Mindy, Welcome and what a great piece,love all the mark making and the colour balance is yum:)

Back