Alexander Creek

Trier

Supporting Member
A Plein Air done back when I was able to get around easily. Ala Prima.

One of the most pleasent days weather wise that I ever had painting PAs.

20 x 29 ins acrylic/ foamboard
P1000585AlexCreekM1.jpg

The blue on the ground is not quite accurate color.

C&C

This makes me think of spring. Interesting to see realism from you, I can see your hand in the strokes.I knew it was your work as soon as I scrolled 🙂. A quiet gentle piece, I like it

It looks like it was a great place to spend the day and a great place to paint. Well done.

This makes me think of spring. Interesting to see realism from you, I can see your hand in the strokes.I knew it was your work as soon as I scrolled 🙂. A quiet gentle piece, I like it
Thanks Lyn -
Yes, it was late spring, glad you could feel it.
I'm going to blame you for it when I now post some other realism tries.

It looks like it was a great place to spend the day and a great place to paint. Well done.
Thanks Sno -
The spot where I painted from was under a bridge, to get out of the sun, and there were a couple of big snakes around, but a great place anyway as you say. Wish I could return.

Wonderful. Really more or what I would call Inspiré du Plein Air where rather than a painting of what you saw - a painting of the inspired emotional response of what you saw.

Wonderful. Really more or what I would call Inspiré du Plein Air where rather than a painting of what you saw - a painting of the inspired emotional response of what you saw.
Right on !
That's exactly how I feel about it Bongo, Thanks.

This is really really nice. It is certainly more realistic than your abstracts, but shows a tiny hint of abstraction with the loose easy strokes and use of color.

This is really really nice. It is certainly more realistic than your abstracts, but shows a tiny hint of abstraction with the loose easy strokes and use of color.
Thanks PSA - I never thought about the abstract viewpoint at the time, I was lost in the moment.

I love the looseness, that you convey so much with it and the colors you choose. Well done, a pleasant painting to enjoy over time!

Very expressive brushwork. Works better when I squint, probably better to see it in person. That’s quite a large size for plein air.

I love the looseness, that you convey so much with it and the colors you choose. Well done, a pleasant painting to enjoy over time!
Thanks ntl: I'm glad you get the pleasant feeling too, that's why I keep it in view in the studio.

Very expressive brushwork. Works better when I squint, probably better to see it in person. That’s quite a large size for plein air.
Thanks a lot for that observation; you're right, the posted photo does look better squinting. Therefore , I took your lead and darkened it a bit in my simple photo program and that made it look closer to the original.
second photo:
P1000585AlexCreekM2.jpg

I can't seem to get the blues on the ground to come out right, but hey. Thanks

Back