Abstract with Pink

Donna T

Contributing Member
Catchy title, huh? I rolled paint on watercolor paper again and immediately liked the pink so I kept it and didn't cover over it. I added some collage made with leftover prints on some kind of rice paper I found at a yard sale this summer. It has interesting threads/fibers in it that add interest up close. If I turn this so the blue is at the top it takes on more of a landscape feel but I wanted to keep this more abstract so the blue is just a shape and a quiet space - or so I hope. 6x6in.

IMG_3337pscs.jpg

This is an example of something I wish I had done. Is it acrylic paint? I assume that oil paint does not work very well on paper. I like those red accents and the stitching, which is something I have played with in some of my paintings. Are those real stitches, or are they drawn in?

Thank you Moscatel.

Hermes, it’s acrylic paint. I needed that little red accent and made a tiny piece on the rice paper. I like how you can try out shapes and colors with collage instead of having to commit to paint, not that I don’t mind covering and uncovering areas. The stitches are just a China marker pencil. Your comment made me realize that I think of fence posts much the same way in that they visually join two masses together. I appreciate your comments, thanks.

Thank you Kay. I wanted to keep the softness but thought it needed some interest or definition too. The hard part for me was not letting the lines create recognizable things!

Thanks Terri. Acrylic paint is very forgiving which is a good thing for me.

Hi Jo and thank you. I’ll take nifty any day.

Late to the party but this is ever so delightful. The bottom viewer left is the joker card that pulls you into a mystical illusion where you roam to your hearts content but never lose sight of the portal. Great piece Donna.

I like your interpretation, Wayne. As long as the viewer isn’t bored and can roam around that’s a good thing. Thank you.

Excellent. The composition is so compelling, the textures are luscious, and it's overall a beautiful piece of aesthetic tranquility! ♥️

Back