A Wet Day

Balaji

I painted this in mid-April (about three weeks ago) and did not post it since I wasn't happy with it. I thought that I would paint the same subject once more. But then, I got a little busy with work. and did not find the time to do it. I now have the time, but not the inclination to paint the same subject again, at least not immediately. Instead I have decided to do a few other wet scenes in the near future.

This one is on 270 gsm A3 size Chitrapat watercolour paper (rough) and is inspired by a Kangkan Das work.

A Wet Day.jpg

That area around the closest vehicle is distracting, but otherwise, this a very pleasing depiction of a rainy urban scene. Nice work!

Lovely painting - you certainly captured "wet" extremely well - it looks like such miserable weather - in a good way! :)

Love the grey rainy atmosphere! I just love the two buildings in the foreground.

Lamar, CaliAnn, & Kay...Thank you.
Originally I had planned to paint a larger passenger vehicle in the foreground, but as the painting developed I felt that I should paint something smaller and opted for a three-wheeler open van. Hence the chaos around that vehicle.

Love your work, but on my screen it always appears as the size of a thumbnail pic.

Love your work, but on my screen it always appears as the size of a thumbnail pic.
Thank you Bart.
On my screen I am able to see only part of some of the images that are posted. Usually such images are too large vertically and I therefore have to scroll up and down to see the full image. I have therefore started posting my images as thumbnails. If you click on the image it should enlarge to an optimum size in which the entire image will be visible on your screen. And if you click once more, it should resize once more to its actual size.

Wonderful, Balaji! It's am overcast, wet day. The bright spots of the umbrellas and flags are perfect. Love it!

Back