A Few New Beginnings

Enyaw

namuh
autumnshore.jpg

abandoned boat.jpg

outwest.jpg

Been away for awhile. Sometimes life dictates what you do. As of two weeks ago I have found my way back to my studio and these are a few of the first I have done. I watched "BIg Eyes" and then for a second time "Loving Vincent" and next day I was in my studio. Inspiration comes in strange ways. Anywat thank you all for your concer when I went missing and next time I'll remember to post a note saying I am away but OK.

"Nova Scotia Shores" "Abandoned Boad" "Alberta Rockies" ... I did abandoned boat before but wanted to do a newer different version.

Good to wee your art again Wayne. Lovely paintings, I am drawn to the mountains in the last one.

BAM! That's what I'm talking about!

Some really nice work here, Wayne- really good stuff.

Alberta Rockies is sublime- great sense of huge distance in a strong and simple eye path. Terrific.

Abandoned Boat is another treat for the eyes with the windblown lean of the tree taking us all the way into the view. Good stuff.

Nova Scotia Shores is amazing- look at how those high chroma colours catch the eye and lead it right on into and through the work- this one is Five Stars, Wayne!

I will have to re-watch loving Vincent and wonder if you have ever watched Cezanne et Moi? In French, with subtitles, it is... almost like watching the scenes and views that inspired so many Impressionist paintings. I think I saw it on Amazon Prime- it was a lovely feast for the eyes, even if the story was so chaotic it was difficult to keep track of.

Glad to see you back and with a brush in your fingers- the scent of turps, the squish of paint- glad you're back.

Thank you Kay .. I like that one as well

thanks JStar .. a good in-depth review of your viewing. Yes, nice to be back but as for turps, I don’t use them. On another note, I lost my sense of smell about 5 years ago when I got serious sinus trouble. Nice in some ways, not so good in others. 😳 I did not see Cezanne.

thank you E.J.H and Bart.

Great to see you back Wayne! You haven't lost a bit of talent on your hiatus, these are all great. I really like the distance in that last one, looks like you could fall into that canyon. ❤️ ❤️

Ah, he's back! It's so nice to see your work here again, Wayne. Your style is so distinct and expressive and I've missed seeing what inspires you. The foreground in the first one is amazing, like an abstract painting yet it's a shoreline at the same time!

Thank you Sno. Don’t fall, wouldn’t want to lose you. 🤪

thank you Moscatel .. color harmony is the glue, if you will. 👌

Thank you Donna. I missed your observations. 🤗

wonderful job, wonderful movie i love vincent, i love i love vincent and i love Tim Burton (sopratutto i primi film ma anche questo era carino )

Yay! I'm so happy to see your recent work. I really have missed it - no one wields the palette knife like you do!

All of these are beautiful in palette and execution. I'm really drawn to "Nova Scotia Shores" - those thin vertical lines are killing me - terrific work. The sense of depth and distance is awesome in "Alberta Rockies." Beautiful!!

Loved "Loving Vincent." (sigh) ❤️

Nice to see you back Wayne, and good to know you weren’t lost. Thanks again for sharing your paintings which are as usual…lovely.

Great to see you at it again! These are sincerely spectacular. I especially love, well, I really love all three, but when I got to the middle one, I sort of melted because of that lavender and yellow. But in that first one: I always love your tree branches and skinny trunks. Then, in the last one, more of that beautiful purple that was left from the second one got me right in the gut. All lovely and making me feeling alive. ♥️

Back