A challenge

N

Nufocus

Hey all,

This is a shot I took this morning on my daily morning (fast….) walk along the beachfront in my little town in Spain. There’s a little monument on the promenade with a small artificial waterfall (not in the photo) that pours its water into this little basin where a bronze statue of this little boy with his toy boat is. The rising sun with a few gorgeous clouds over the sea at around 07:30 am created a wonderful scene methinks.
I thought it’d be great if a few of the wonderfully talented people here use this photo as reference for some great works.

60736EAF-BB02-4B6E-A271-4EDCA94201E8.jpeg

This isn't a direct response to your lovely photo, but I am struck by the similarity to a design I made a few years ago for a life size stainless steel sculpture for my daughter's pool. I haven't made it yet.

A.jpg

very similar .. at pool parties of my youth we used to do a lot of rough innocent play .. that statue looks like it could cause a little damage if one were pushed and accidentally landed on it. Maybe your daughters friends are not the idiots we were. It is lovely by the way.

very similar .. at pool parties of my youth we used to do a lot of rough innocent play .. that statue looks like it could cause a little damage if one were pushed and accidentally landed on it. Maybe your daughters friends are not the idiots we were. It is lovely by the way.

Thank you! Sorry about the poor rendering; it was done with software I had 5 years ago. Before making it, I will use modern software to render it.

Nufocus, I hope you are not in La Palma right now!! :eek: 🌋
I like your reference a lot! Are you going to paint it?

Back