Zorro and the Ghostman

ZenDruid

Supporting Member
Last Christmas I gifted myself yet another sketchbook to go with the five or six I already have that I haven't touched. I was stuck on my last painting, Windows, and decided to sharpen my drawing skills. I'm doing the usual practice stuff for faces, figures, eyes, noses, lips, hands, feet, etc. Then these two characters popped up out of nowhere - Zorro the street rat and the Ghostman - roaming around town and throughout the known solar system. Here are five panels, about 5x7 inches. Maybe more will show up:

The Next Whiskey Bar...

1656959762666.jpeg

Only $2000 USD a month, plus utilities...
1656959935945.jpeg

We like Yoga....
1656960239891.jpeg

Life on Mars....
1656960358861.jpeg

Flapping Ghostman and Zorro meets a goose...

1656964553423.jpeg

We'll be back...

Attachments

• 1656960546953.jpeg
    1656960546953.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Last Christmas I gifted myself yet another sketchbook to go with the five or six I already have that I haven't touched.
This completely cracked me up.
Mainly because it hits a bit close to home...
Ghostman and Zorro have intruiging adventures(y)

Oh thanks, CaliAnn! Now that song will be in my head all day! :LOL:

Zen: how wonderful! These two characters have decided to make their appearance, and it seems like they are settling in to enjoy their stay. Love these! ❤️

These are so cool! Reckon you'll make a painting of any of them? I think Yoga would be an excellent candidate for a more formal pictorial immortalization (y)

Last edited:
These are so cool! Reckon you'll make a painting of any of them? I think Yoga would be an excellent candidate for a more pictorial immortalization (y)
Thanks Laika! Not paintings, no. I am experimenting a bit with colored pencils but haven't found the ground for that yet. I approach these as "loose sketching" and cartoons that need immediacy to tell a story, preferably inane. I couldn't do that with painting.
I took up painting abstracts in October 2020, mainly as a mental health reaction to the civil violence and pandemic hysteria that I spent too much time reading and worrying about.
I enjoyed the painting and produced about 13, not exactly prolific. I tend to wander, brood, sleep and think too much about them. But I enjoy that. I have two small ones waiting for me right now.
These particular drawings give me a welcome counterpoint to painting. I can easily do one in a day. If I can picture a stupid situation, I can try to make it funny and draw it. You guys seem to like that. I like that. :)
Thanks for asking (y)

"Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way".... ❤️
Steppenwolf, one of my favorite driving tunes. (y) Others are Radar love by Golden Earring, Gear Jammer by George Thorogood, Roadhouse Blues and LA Woman by the Doors. Nice to see some original rockers here :ROFLMAO:

Gear Jammer by George Thorogood ... :love: I love this latest one, Zen! Now we all know that the Ghostman has excellent taste in music as he cruises along. :cool:

Back