Yes please!

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
I am a self taught oil painter, in all its forms. Will be an avid reader of posts - collecting like a bower bird. May not be able to offer much advice or help. The image is a WIP. I'm stuck! Brush a glued to my hand, won't go near the canvas. It will sit on the wall a while longer. I feel it is too bland.

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_074313_088-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210831_074313_088-01.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 120
Lovely muted color. I'm sure you'll figure it out. There's enough in your brushwork to realize you have the tools. Try rotating your painting 90 degrees Clockwise and study it, then turn it again: study, and again till you have studied it from all 4 positions.

Patience is the name of the game. Yes flipping it might give me new ideas. Thanks

It looks like snoball has had a moment of clarity 😁 ("certifiable"). Maybe we need doubt, anguish, to create something "visionary"...? It is beautiful, unbelievable (good), Blakean.

I like it too. I see plenty of interest and wouldn’t think of this as bland but I know it all depends on what you want to say with it.

Many thanks for commenting. I do flip flop on this. Usually comes down to a frown.

Mother embracing her child, looking out over a river. I don't think it needs additions, it is quite lovely, as is. ❤️ ❤️
Thank you Ian. I really appreciate your comments. Glad I haven't put the brush anywhere yet. Will keep looking at it.

For what it's worth, I think it is complete. Perhaps you shouldn't look at it for a week, after which you will see it with fresh eyes and then know what you should do.
Many thanks Hermes. I think you are right. 8m moving it to a more visible wall and will wait a while.

It looks like snoball has had a moment of clarity 😁 ("certifiable"). Maybe we need doubt, anguish, to create something "visionary"...? It is beautiful, unbelievable (good), Blakean.
Don't know what to say. Thank you. I will embrace doubt and anguish as my middle names from now on. It was flexibility!

I'm sitting here enjoying this painting and realizing that I've missed seeing your work, Jennie! Your palette here is soothing and lovely to me. An enjoyable composition. Makes me happy! ❤

I'm sitting here enjoying this painting and realizing that I've missed seeing your work, Jennie! Your palette here is soothing and lovely to me. An enjoyable composition. Makes me happy! ❤

Thank you. You may recall I have trouble splitting my work into No and Yes camps. I have improved! So very grateful for you ❤

Try not to worry because your instincts are very good. Try to rely more on your gut! ;)
Many thanks. I do try, my brain tells me I am very trying 🙃 I don't do new year lists, but I'm starting a To Do in 2022 Art list. Use my instincts is at the top of the list. Embrace anxiety is number 2! I always enjoy painting so that doesn't need to be there 😀

Back