Would like some feedback on a Work in Progress.

AHdraws

Hi! I'm new here and I would love to meet some fellow artists! I also would love some feedback/advice on this work in progress. I'm trying out this new process of building up the values, starting with 2-3 values, and building contrast.
That's why it looks so light. My main concern is I'm not sure if the forms read well at this stage. Obviously they won't be fully defined since there's very little contrast, but I'd just like to have more eyes on it to see if there's anything that could be improved. So any advice, about forms or anything else, is welcome! Thx!
1-28-22.png

I'm not having any problems seeing all the detail, even on my laptop monitor which isn't the best! So, your light values are visible to this viewer, anyway. ;) I'll be interested in seeing the final piece! Looks detailed and wonderful already.

Welcome, AH!
It'll be interesting to see how you develop some contrast. So far, if you were going for a sneer of contempt, you nailed it!

Seems all your values are coming together nicely. Looks like you just need to get the hair now. Everything else seems pretty perfect to me! Great job. :) Welcome to the forums by the way! :)

I'm not having any problems seeing all the detail, even on my laptop monitor which isn't the best! So, your light values are visible to this viewer, anyway. ;) I'll be interested in seeing the final piece! Looks detailed and wonderful already.
Thank you so much! Glad to know the values are okay 😅

Welcome, AH!
It'll be interesting to see how you develop some contrast. So far, if you were going for a sneer of contempt, you nailed it!
Thank you! And I think I will focus on emphasizing the ambient shadows and keeping the most contrast around the face since that is the focal point! And I'm glad to be here!

Seems all your values are coming together nicely. Looks like you just need to get the hair now. Everything else seems pretty perfect to me! Great job. :) Welcome to the forums by the way! :)
Thank you that means a lot! And I can't wait to paint the hair. And thanks for welcoming me!

Hi there! I coincidentally just started the first newer God of War yesterday, so this is incredibly top of mind for me!

I think this is already looking fantastic. We'll done on capturing all the details. I could immediately connect with the figure.

The only part I am having some difficulty on is understanding where the light and shadow meet. There is not a clear separation of the light and shadow sides to the form from my view, however you could be planning on putting those in on another pass.

Overall, great job on this. Glad to see someone else enjoying that fantastic game as much as I am as well :)

Hi there! I coincidentally just started the first newer God of War yesterday, so this is incredibly top of mind for me!

I think this is already looking fantastic. We'll done on capturing all the details. I could immediately connect with the figure.

The only part I am having some difficulty on is understanding where the light and shadow meet. There is not a clear separation of the light and shadow sides to the form from my view, however you could be planning on putting those in on another pass.

Overall, great job on this. Glad to see someone else enjoying that fantastic game as much as I am as well :)
Oh wow well I hope you like it, it's very good. And thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

Back