Winter Landscape

Enyaw

namuh
AAOil 150423.jpg

Wayne Gaudon Alla Prima Oil painted on Paper 11 x 14 inches ..

I love it. Your snow is always full of color and shape. There's just enough warmth in this one from your sunshine colors on the trees to make this feel more early Spring than late winter. A winner! ❤️

Thank you Terri and Bart. I do like color arrangement: it's an interesting entertainment.

As a further thought on color, there is nothing of a tree in the painting except the colors of nature and if you will look closely you won't find a tree in the forest. It's just random images of your mind. It's difficult to abstract a landscape because people don't see the seperate images as their mind completes the total image based on their memories. Strange how that works.
I can't look at it and not see abstracted shapes.

Thank you Sno. I have two more snow scenes to tackle but then I'll find a new color palette without the white of snow scattered around.

Really nice, Wayne. You give us just enough information without spelling it out completely. My favorite Wolf Kahn quote: “People know what a tree looks like. You don’t have to explain it to them.” Abstracting a landscape is hard! You do so well at letting the shapes and colors suggest it.

Thank you Ayin. Most like the warmth of a hug.

Thank you Donna. Was thinking of you and your inquisition on cold wax as I struggled through today's session. I scraped, repainted, scraped, and on and on. Then I had big bundles of mud so I reworked them and then found out I needed to hide them. I could really feel the wax as the bundles got worked and reworked. They seemed to stiffen up a bit. I finished the piece but it needs to sit a few days before I look at it again to see if it's worth trying to get a picture of.

Thank you CaliAnn.

Last edited:
Back