Window

heatherlynelle

Done with Aliferous Oil Pastels. I am fairly new to pastels and really enjoying them! The process is so freeing and messy and lovely.

Attachments

• IMG_20240122_233416_672.jpg
    IMG_20240122_233416_672.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 21
This is really nice, Heather! The red flowers against the blue-green shutters are a great color combination and the leaves spilling over the edge of the box are loose and airy looking. It’s a beautiful image!

Nice work, I like the colour choices, especially those shutters. Lovely delicate leaves too. :)

Some nice textures going there. Do you use the pastels 'straight', or dip them into an oil-based medium or melt them? A friend could get some terrific oil pastel impasto effects using mediums/heat.

I love your window, Heather! Beautiful colors.

I've not heard of this brand of oil pastels, they look very textured and juicy. Love that bright pop of red.

I'm a big fan of oil pastels, though I haven't played with them much lately. Keep at it - I agree with you that they are very freeing, messy and fun. :)

What paper did you use here?

I love your window, Heather! Beautiful colors.

I've not heard of this brand of oil pastels, they look very textured and juicy. Love that bright pop of red.

I'm a big fan of oil pastels, though I haven't played with them much lately. Keep at it - I agree with you that they are very freeing, messy and fun. :)

What paper did you use here?
Hi! Thank you! I used Strathmore Pastel paper. The pastels were only $9.99 on Amazon last I checked!

I thought I commented on this earlier today, so sorry if the other shows up someplace weird! I really like the window and it's flowers. Nice colors and treatment. I don't use oil pastels, but find this very appealing. I'm smiling.

Hi back! :)

Strathmore make a lot of good products that don't hurt the budget. You're getting nice results already.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Back