Supporting Member
Wind surfing on Lake Champlain, New York
1669917714744.png

1669917858493.png

1669917966308.png

1669918372356.png

1669918069925.png

1669918156919.png

Nikon digital single lens reflex camera, variable zoom lens.

That IS insane, and I agree - how do they avoid each other?!? Easy to forget how fast they're moving. Wow!

That also makes it even more difficult to capture an isolated moment like your second shot here. Good moving as well, on the part of the photographer! ;)

That IS insane, and I agree - how do they avoid each other?!? Easy to forget how fast they're moving. Wow!

That also makes it even more difficult to capture an isolated moment like your second shot here. Good moving as well, on the part of the photographer! ;)
Actually I was standing on the beach with a zoom lens, out of their way! They can lift off up into the air at will, I was watching this guy and knew he was going to do it. :)

Cool shots Zen. It seems that kite boarding is more popular than windsurfing now. I've seen windsurfers doing incredible speeds on flat water with high winds. I wonder which ones go faster.

I went to college at Plattsburgh way back when. Love the North Country.

Right, I guess kite boarding is the correct term for this. Wind surfing would be more like sail boarding? John, that's an amazing coincidence that you went to Plattsburgh State. I've spent half my life in the Plattsburgh area, after all my early travels, I really like this environment. (y)

Yeah I just looked it up. Windsurfing and sailboarding are the same thing and as I suspected, kiteboarding is easier. And one can be faster than the other depending on conditions.

Back