White Cardigan for lawn Green Bowls Player

Schuee

Hello.

i am knitting a double knitting cardigan for Lesley to wear at bowls club. The back is done - Irish Moss Stitch.

I’ve just started the left front. The fronts have a cable design.
E7B48B3A-CDC8-41ED-AB70-BD074579E4AA.jpeg
8FA938F1-66C6-44A9-AA38-95B876A65821.jpeg

Thank you, CaliAnn. Lesley is a friend, she posts under the name of Rainowl.

That's a beautiful pattern, Penny, and I'm sure Lesley will be thrilled to have to finished piece! All of that moss stitch would drive me crazy but it sure makes a nice texture.

That's a beautiful pattern, Penny, and I'm sure Lesley will be thrilled to have to finished piece! All of that moss stitch would drive me crazy but it sure makes a nice texture.
Thanks, Donna. I find knitting intricate patterns soothing, I have to concentrate and count. Apparently the brain gives priority to counting and other issues are set aside! It is a nice design. When I’ve knitted cables in the past, I’ve had to twist stitches, this pattern forms the cable by passing a third stitch over the previous two. 😎

Looking good Penny! I remember doing those kinds of cables. They were much easier than using a cable needle and trying to keep the stitches in the right order. Sooner or later I would twist them the wrong way. "That hole is supposed to be there!" 😄

Looking good Penny! I remember doing those kinds of cables. They were much easier than using a cable needle and trying to keep the stitches in the right order. Sooner or later I would twist them the wrong way. "That hole is supposed to be there!" 😄
Thanks, Donna. I did wonder about the holes at the start!

Back